April 30, 2014 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)
  • Ken Chen
  • Sharon Chaplock (HQ Resource)
  • Rob Savage
  • Melissa Bundy
  • Butch Arthur

Agenda

Tutorials

  • SAIF Webinar
    • will be recorded at the WGM
    • Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
    • Lorraine is meeting with Ron as transition on the ARB and will keep it as a follow-up item. To date we do not have a scheduled date to record
Action:  Include as regular agenda item
Action:  Melva to followup with Lorraine Constable at WGM
  • Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
    • The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
    • If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
  • Melva followed up with Keith - he raised this item based on a comment from someone else. At this time Education will not pursue this tutorial. If someone comes forward with another request we will discuss at that time.

Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits

  • v2 Workshop Project
    • Approved by the TSC
    • no work completed. Patrick hopes to get started in next couple of weeks.
    • include discussion for Phoenix - include Tooling
Action:  Melva to followup with Patrick in Phoenix
  • FHIR Workshop Project
    • approved by SD, but FMG doesn't think they can sponsor. Patrick to attend FMG Wed afternoon. Will be discussed at TSC on Monday
    • FMG feels this project is not needed as Lloyd has developed a workshop that is being given at the Implementation Workshops.
    • It was moved by Rob Savage - seconded by Ken to close this project. (4/0/0) - Carried
Action: Melva will close the project via the PMO

Phoenix WGM Planning

  • Review Agenda for Education Facilitators Lunch
Action:  Melva to followup with Mary Ann about September 2014 Tutorial Grid
  • Review Draft agenda

Current resources and reading material

    • Will look at the list to determine how we can use it
Action: Ken will compile a list
Action:  Include as an agenda item when Ken is finished

AOB

  • HL7 Implementation and Meaningful Use
    • Education for implementers - schedule a discussion for Thursday Q1 or Q2

Next meeting

  • Next meeting - May 21, 2014 at 11am Eastern