This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

April 24, 2013 Education Telecon

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva (chair)
  • Sharon (resource)
  • Mary Ann (resource)
  • Virginia
  • John Ritter
  • Patrick

Agenda

Project Review

  • Tooling Project - Request to Co-sponsor File:PSS-Tooling-Education-v01-1.doc
    • It was moved by Patrick - seconded by Virginia to approve Education WG as a co-sponsor - CARRIED (3/0/0)
Action:  Melva to forward approval to Tooling
  • Project 948: Facilitator training
    • We are relying on the co-sponsoring WGs to develop the material and work is going slower than expected
    • Moved by Patrick - seconded by John to change the target date for completion to January 31, 2014 - CARRIED (3/0/0)
  • Project 886: RIM Certification Test Upgrade
    • Certification Prep Review is scheduled for June 27
    • Webinar scheduled for May 28 and 30 and June 4 and 6
    • test will be given first in July and then again in September 2013 -
    • Motion: to move target date December 31, 2013 - Virginia - Patrick - CARRIED (3/0/0)
  • Project 708:Strategic Plan
    • Motion: Moved by Patrick - seconded by Virginia to move target date to December 31, 2013 - CARRIED (3/0/0)
Action:  Allocate some time in Atlanta to review goals
  • Project 559: Electronic Outlets
  • Project 548: Strengthen HL7 Education
  • Project 547: Collaborative Education
  • Project 545: Education Cirriculum Development
  • DISCUSSION: Project 559, 548, 547 and 545 pre-date most of the current co-chairs and participants of Education.
    • we need to review our 3 year plan and time will be allocated in Atlanta
    • Moved by Patrick - seconded by John to close Projects 559, 548, 547 and 545 - CARRIED (3/0/0)

Tutorial Grid Review

  • The tutorial grid for Cambridge is complete and has been circulated
  • the number of tutorials has been reduced due to the lack of available meeting rooms
  • no concerns raised by participants
Action:  back up speaker for Heather's tutorial - Patrick or Virginia

Education Facilitators Lunch Planning

  • will now be Monday lunch
  • Agenda items
    • Requirement for Tutorial Specification
    • Requirement for taking Heather's tutorial
    • Tutorial Grid for Cambridge
Action:  Melva will post notice to Education List
Action:  Mary Ann will let tutorial speakers know of change

Rewrite of Sample and Certification Exams - Project Scope Statement

  • Status - PSS has been created. Needs to be reviewed and approved
Action:  Add to agenda for Atlanta

Tutorials

  • UML - Patrick
    • Status - Patrick has talked to JD. Sparx is trying to sort out membership so not able to move forward at this point.
Action:  Add as agenda item after Atlanta

Policy/Procedure

  • Document other policies and procedures
    • Start using the wiki to document

Online Certification Testing

  • Status - Version 3 and CDA items have been entered into criterion item bank
    • V2 questions will be added - Patrick
    • linking questions to sections of the standards -
    • moving ahead - July launch
    • Virginia offered to help proof if needed

Education Outreach - Kenya

  • Status - this is an outstanding task

eLearning update (Diego)

  • HL7 Fundamentals Courses running as of 4/24
  • HL7 Austria (ends May 2013 - 20 participants)
  • HL7 Global Release (English Edition) - Unit 7 - 300 participants
  • HL7 Global Release (Spanish Edition) - Unit 4 - 30 participants
  • HL7 Brazil (Portuguese Edition) - Unit 1 - 30 participants
  • HL7 Romania
  • HL7 Pakistan - 5 participants - Unit 6

Other Business

  • Discussion of moving time for Education call to 12 noon Eastern starting after WGM
    • will be discussed further in Atlanta
Action:  add to agenda
  • Request for education from Iran - John
    • we can do onsite training or via webinars
    • look for someone from Europe
Action:  John to forward information to Mary Ann

Next meeting

  • Next teleconference - May 6, 2013 - Atlanta WGM