April 2, 2014 Education Telecon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)
- Ken Chen
- Patrick Loyd
- Sharon Chaplock (HQ Resource)
- Diego Kaminker
- Finnie Flores
- SAIF Webinar
- will be recorded at the WGM
- Feb 5, 2014: Ron's day job interfered with his available time to record. He is looking to reschedule but no word yet.
- Lorraine is meeting with Ron as transition on the ARB and will keep it as a follow-up item. To date we do not have a scheduled date to record
Action: Include as regular agenda item
- Request from US Domain task force to create an SDO Class for Government Contractors (Keith Boone)
- The class would describe standards development practices of SDO's and how contractors can better engage with SDOs. While we would certainly focus a good portion of content on engagement with HL7, we have other SDO constituencies within HL7 (CDISC, DICOM and IHE) that can add to the material making it even more valuable.
- If there is enough interest during the call in developing such a course, we could begin a Project Scope statement are start developing the material for delivery perhaps in May.
Action: Melva to send back to Keith - if they believe there is enough interest - develop PSS and Tutorial Specification and submit for approval
Discussion of Certification Exams and Ed Summits
- v2 Workshop Project
- Approved by SD but needs to be approved by TSC
- no work completed. Patrick hopes to get started in next couple of weeks.
- include discussion for Phoenix - include Tooling
- FHIR Workshop Project
- approved by SD, but FMG doesn't think they can sponsor. Patrick to attend FMG Wed afternoon. Will be discussed at TSC on Monday
Action: Melva to forward to FMG for approval, education is only co-sponsor Action Followup: Patrick attended FMG; Lloyd and Patrick to discuss prior to bringing back to FMG next meeting
- Patrick needs to talk to Lloyd and then take it back to FMG - hope to have resolution by WGM
- Agenda for Education Facilitators Lunch - Phoenix - agenda item for next meeting
- Draft agenda for Phoenix - agenda item for next meeting
- Tutorial Grid for September - agenda item for next meeting
- Current resources and reading material
- Will look at the list to determine how we can use it
Action: Ken will compile a list Action: Include as an agenda item when Ken is finished
- Next meeting - April 16, 2014 at 11am Eastern