AppointmentResponse FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 AppointmentResponse
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
As the AppointmentResponse resource is directly related to the Appointment Resource it provides the accountability and transparency of the overall appointment.
The scope of the appointment response includes:
- The acceptance status of the response
- the reference to the appointment
- which entity that is responding to the appointment request
- the details that the participant accepts (or wants to accept)
- any additional notes that the participant wants to provide with respect to the response
Act(ActMood = actMoodAppointmentRequest or actMoodAppointment) Note: This relationship is through the interaction rather than the RIM.
This resource is required to be able to communicate the distinct responses to appointment requests.
Note: The existing iCal Standard also has this concept covered in it's basic structure.
This resource is expected to be implemented by community clinics, general practice and specialist's appointment scheduling systems to reply to appointment requests.
The appointment response resource has a lot of similarities with the iCal standard and a mapping to this standard will be expected.
An appointment has been requested for a physician, room (location) and the patient to meet. A response will be created for each of these participants indicating their acceptance status. Once all participants have responded the overall status of the appointment can be processed and updated.
The AppointmentResponse Resource references the Appointment Resource (related to a specified participant), where the Appointment is in a pending state.
Given the progress to date, we expect that this resource will be ready for inclusion in the next Ballot (expecting September 2014) the resource has already undergone a great deal of review in PA over the last 6 months.
brian_pos ewoutkramer grahameg