20181005 PLA WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Lombard

Date: 2019-10-05
Time: 8:00 AM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
Jean Duteau,
x Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
Austin Kreisler,
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
Wayne Kubick
x John Roberts
x Peter Muir, Sandy Stuart - guests
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Discussion Topics
    • Cross-functional models
    • Management group health metrics

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Discussion Topics
    • Discussion over problem with the implementation guides…many of them are secondary constraints rather than actual implementation guidance.
      • ACTION: Need to look at what we’re calling things vs. what they are. Need to figure out terms that disambiguate what we’ve created. Encourage the organization to clearly delineate what we mean by these names.
      • Guidance/companion guide documents are actually providing implementation guidance. Discussion over how teams use these different type of documents.
    • CIMI is off our list of things to do, from a PLA perspective.
    • MK has asked Attachments to update their name to something that more accurately defines what they do. They suggested Health Plan WG but it sets an artificial boundary. If they want to go beyond the attachment concept it’s a good exercise. They do industry updates, looked at the ISA from a payer perspective, looking at the NCDHS roadmap, handling issues in the dental world, etc.
    • Product Management Council: That went very well and there is enthusiasm from the group. Calvin: Should we now look at our steering division structure, perhaps retiring them and going to product management groups, with the council representing the way we manage the process of the standards? There is a lot of overlap now. MK notes that Paul has a good definition of the steering divisions vs. the management groups. Discussion over what the structure could look like. Should consider a future state analysis of what it would look like if we removed the steering divisions, replacing with a product management group construct. Might put an extra burden on the TSC. Need to actually analyze what it would look like to take away the steering divisions. Steering Divisions are go-betweens at this point.
        • ACTION: MK will pull up the meeting minutes from the steering divisions to see what they’ve been doing. If they went away, who would be responsible for those things.
      • Calvin: The other option is that we look at the overlap of what the product families do vs. the steering division and see what’s left. And the other issue is WGs that don’t fall under a product family – EMR, Arden, CDS, etc. Discussion over SGB – they make precepts for management groups.
  • Carry forward:
    • Management group health metrics
      • Should review their missions/charters as we begin developing metrics. Methodology groups own the quality aspects but the management group could add a couple themselves, perhaps.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved