201809 Catalog Track
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
- Orders and Observations
Resources and Resource profiles needed to support catalogs of various types (lab compendia, medication formularies, healthcare service directories, etc) are in an early draft stage. These include a Catalog profile on Composition, a CatalogEntry resource, an ObservationDefinition resource, a SpecimenDefinition resource, and potentially a profile on ActivityDefinition. This connectathon track is intended to test the design approach and confirm the resource set meets the needs of the use case. The track is based on the September R4 ballot
This will inform the development of the catalog resources, with a goal of reaching FMM 1 for FHIR Release.
FHIR version used
For this connectathon the catalog track will be based on the current build of FHIR. The reason for that is that a number of resources used by Catalogs (CatalogEntry, ObservationDefinition, SpecimenDefinition) have evolved after the publication of the September ballot. And these late evolutions are needed for this testing session.
Proposed Track Lead
- François Macary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zulip: François Macary
The following organizations have indicated an interest in participating in this track:
- Phast (France) - a FHIR server supporting a clinical lab compendium.
- University of Utah will participate with a FHIR client able to query a lab compendium.
- Quest Diagnostics (US laboratory) acting as a client administrating a lab compendium
- Medlinx/Helix (Russian laboratory) acting as a client administrating and querying a lab compendium
Please include information here regarding how much advance preparation will be required if creating a client and/or server.
A FHIR Server should support the following resources for this track:
- Catalog Profile of Composition
- Content resources appropriate to the type of catalog. For Lab:
A FHIR server is available for testing with sample data
- University of Utah: Client browsing the content of a clinical laboratory compendium
- Quest Diagnostics: Client administrating a clinical laboratory compendium
This connectathon track will test the following interactions based on a clinical laboratory compendium:
Administration of the catalog by a clinical laboratory
- Creation of new catalog entries
- Update of catalog entries
- Retirement of a catalog entry and replacement by another one
All these interactions use Bundle of type "transaction" and "transaction-response"
Query and retrieval of catalog entries by a CPOE system
Search Catalog by title
Check Catalog by id
Search catalog entry by name of specialty
Example: search for virology orderable tests and panels
Search catalog entry by name of orderable service
Example: search all entries corresponding to orderable tests or panels containing the word "sodium"
Retrieve details for an orderable diagnostic service
GET [base]/CatalogEntry?_has:Composition:_id=2&_id=[CatalogEntry id]