20180202 PLA WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Fulton - 3rd Floor

Date: 2018-02-02
Time: 9:00 AM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Jean Duteau,
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Austin Kreisler,
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
x Wayne Kubick
John Roberts
Andy Stechishin
x Thom Kuhn


no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Updates from the week
    • CIMI-MG volunteer response
    • V2 meeting outcomes
    • Future of PLA

Minutes

  • Updates from the week
    • CIMI-MG volunteer response
      • 4-6 people have responded. Some discussion going on in CIMI regarding future plans/scope of initiatives.
    • V2 meeting outcomes
      • People felt that it is too important to let go and we will now go through the process of standing up the management group. PLA will take the first pass at M&C for them followed by the call for volunteers. Discussion over CDS/CQI type groups and whether they constitute a family (or will in the future). Need to keep an eye on it for future analysis.
    • Discussion over whether we should convene these management groups together, possibly with the TSC/SGB/ARB/PLA. May have a Q0 next time, and perhaps have a meeting or two in between. Zulip chat suggested. TSC could pull it together. Need to look at synergy across the management groups regarding their issues and activities. There is some struggle with scope. Wayne notes it’s similar to what we do with the facilitator’s meetings. The discussion could move the issues from one body to the next. Paul notes it would be good to do Q0 on Monday to get ahead of things. Discussion over getting a brief summary/report over management group activities before the meeting.
      • ACTION: Wayne will invite chairs of product family MGs, TSC, SGB, ARB, Vocabulary to participate in a meeting Q0.
      • ACTION: Anne to request room under TSC umbrella, coordinating with Lloyd for scheduling FMG.
    • Future of PLA
      • Carry forward. PLA isn’t done yet at this point. Need Austin for the conversation. Paul thinks we should turn PLA into something more permanent. Calvin notes that soon we are going to be discussing business lines, including standards development, education, consulting/services. No governance set up for these things. Need to clearly understand the roles and rules for all the parts of our organization as we move forward.
  • Adjourned at 8:58 am

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved