2018-09-19 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-09-19
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Brian Alper, Eric Haas, Virendra Shinde

Agenda

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept: Hans/John
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-09-12_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/John
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action items
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
      • Carry forward
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
    • Anne to contact BR&R cochairs/modeling facilitator to ask them to update the resource relationships section of AdverseEvent
      • They responded but haven’t updated the proposal; carry forward
    • Hans to reach out to OO on BiologicallyDerivedProduct
      • Scheduled for WGM
    • Brian Post to add RIM scope and boundaries section to ChargeItemDefinition
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to check with OO, CDS, and CQI about DeviceUseStatement
      • Scheduled for WGM
    • Hans to check with Lorraine about EntryDefinition
      • Scheduled for WGM
    • Brian to update Invoice
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to follow up with OO on ObservationDefinition2
      • Scheduled for WGM
    • John to draft language regarding virtual Connectathons
      • Carry forward
  • Review Items
    • Resource Proposals:
      • PicoElementDefinition
        • Brian Alper here to discuss. Tried to adapt existing resources but it was too cumbersome. This describes the population, intervention, comparison and outcome and ties it to patient parameters.
      • PicDefinition
        • Describes the conditional state that the knowledge is about.
      • EffectEvidenceSynthesis
        • This describes the results of a body of evidence of the effect of an intervention in a particular population. Lloyd: How is this distinct from an observation? Brian: An observation is a single result from a single patient. Lloyd: Not necessarily. You can do them across patients. An observation is a finding at a particular point in time. Brian: What this does beyond the value is a precision estimate. Perhaps it would work as a profile on observation, but we found it getting too complex. Decision to put this on hold pending review of draft resource.
      • RiskEvidenceSynthesis
        • This describes the likelihood/risk of an outcome in a particular group.
          • Discussion over how these relate to the group resource. Brian: The population piece may refer to a group, but the exposure and outcome is harder to describe. Lloyd notes that the population piece could be related to Group. Group should be discussed in the boundaries and relationships sections. Lloyd: My leaning is that it would be helpful to see the resources to get a sense for how they compare to what already exists and if there is additional overlap that we could leverage to combine some of these notions. Also need to look at the names to make them less esoteric.
            • Next step: Get these in the continuous integration build and see how they do in Connectathon. David: When you do put them into the build, perhaps use slightly updated names and add examples showing how they inter-relate. Grahame: May want to look at these during the Tuesday or Thursday evening session.
    • Publication Requests:
      • UDI Pattern Publication Request
        • Hans notes that the FHIR references are not normative.
          • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Hans
          • VOTE: All in favor
      • US Core Publication Request
        • Needs to be regenerated with the new terminology server. Reviewed warnings.
          • ACTION: Add to next week’s agenda
      • HL7 FHIR® Profile: Pharmacy; Medication, Release 2 Publication Request
        • Lloyd asks why this is called a profile rather than an IG? Also doesn’t call out US Realm. Later in the document it’s called US Meds Implementation Guide. Discussion over QA. Lloyd notes 335 broken links and errors in examples.
          • ACTION: Eric to fix QA errors and bring back next week.
          • ACTION: Add to next week’s agenda
          • ACTION: Anne to find out what to do on the form if the published name of the specification is to be different than the balloted name
  • Discussion Topics
    • Criteria for inclusion of profiles and valuesets in FHIR Core - continued discussion
      • Reviewed. Made additional minor edits.
        • MOTION to accept criteria: Lloyd/Hans
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Criteria for what you need to have to claim that an IG is international in scope
      • Carry forward
    • Criteria for inclusion of extensions in core vs. IGs to upcoming agenda
      • Carry forward
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • 130 registered. All track leads have done or scheduled their presentations. Reviewed list of tracks.
  • Adjourned at 5:25 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-09-26 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International