2018-03-05 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • John Hatem
  • Melva Peters
  • Scott Robertson
  • Stephen Chu
  • Tim McNeil
  • Christof Gessner
  • Jean Duteau

Agenda Items and notes

  • Pharmacy WGM Minutes are now linked from Pharmacy Wiki page. Thanks to Melva Peters.

MedicationKnowledge and Medication Pattern PSS

  • Review and approval of the draft PSS
    • Review of project
      • update PSS - will develop draft resources (Pharmacy and BR&R) and will create logical model once resources are created
      • update dates
      • clean up the use of pattern vs logical model - be consistent - use FHIR Logical Model
      • add Project number in 3h for BR&R project
      • considered including out of scope
    • File:HL7 Pharmacy MedicationKnowledge and Medication Pattern PSS 20180220.docx
Action:  Melva to update the PSS for review on next weeks teleconference
Action:  Melva to forward PSS through approval process

FHIR

The following tracker items were resolved:

FHIR Tracker Items

  • 15105 - MedicationStatement - alignment with WorkFlow
    • notTaken was removed
    • need to consider how to reflect what the prescriber thinks should be taken by the patient - is this a medStatement or is this a MedRequest?
    • Lloyd believes should be using a MedRequest with a "plan" status
    • Choices:
      • take MedStatement back to the way it was
      • US Core - embrace List
      • follow Lloyd's suggestion to use MedRequest with "Plan" status
      • use status field to identify if a prescriber believes the patient should be on this med and uses taken element to identify if the patient is following the order and taking the medication - could previous do this before we aligned MedStatement with workflow
    • March 5, 2018: - deferred until March 12, 2018
      • Ask Lloyd to join call
  • 14455 - Workflow report - File:Workflow pharmacy issues Jan 2018.xlsx
    • new report has been run
    • MedicationRequest
      • instantiates - currently supported but workflow has changed the pattern
        • John to talk to Lloyd about the changes needed
    • MedicationAdministration -
      • instantiates - currently supported but workflow has changed the pattern
        • John to talk to Lloyd about the changes needed
    • MedicationDispense
      • Performer - we believe we are consistent
        • Melva to reach out to Lloyd and ask if this is an error in the report - email sent to Lloyd
      • statusReason
        • will add to suppressed-workflow-warnings - different name
        • John to followup with workflow about the reference to DetectedIssue
  • 15136 - Change Dosage to support conditional doses
    • Discussion of the requirement - this is related to conditional dose
    • Scott to pull material from NCPDP
    • John to pull V3 material
    • start to gather requirements and look at existing FHIR material including CDS
  • 15589 - Pharmacy missing isModifierReason
    • MedicationRequest.substitution.allowed
      • do not believe that this should be a "isModifier"
      • will discuss on March 12 call when we have implementers on the call
    • Medication.amount
      • do not believe that this should be a "isModifier"
      • will discuss on March 12 call when we have implementers on the call
  • 15509 - Create example scenarios for Pharmacy
  • 13392 - Enhance Medication resource for alignment with the IDMP
    • Motion to close this tracker item in reference to the new PSS for medication - persuasive with mod - no change required - Melva/John - 5-0-0 Carried
      • will reference the new PSS in the tracker item
  • 12396 - Medication package and product

Action Item List

  • March 5, 2018: No action this week

MedicationKnowledge Resource

  • Melva and Jean are creating a draft resource in the build. The next step is to review the existing tracker items to see which can be done with the current draft content, which need to have data elements added, and which will remain out of scope.
  • Feb 26, 2018: no discussion
  • March 5, 2018: no discussion

Joint Meeting with IHE Pharmacy and ISO TC215 WG 6

  • Feb 26, 2018: no discussion
  • March 5, 2018: no decision

Catalogue Project

  • March 5: last weeks meeting addressed open issues related to getting the Entry Definition resource cleaned up. There were no Pharmacy specific issues.

Blood Products/Transfusion/Tissue Update - Project 1370

  • Feb 26, 2018: no discussion
  • March 5, 2018: no updates

Updates from Workflow

  • March 5, 2018: no discussion - no Workflow meetings this week

AOB

  • None

Next meeting

  • March 12, 2018 - (4pm Eastern)
    • reminder that daylight savings time goes in in North America on March 11th!