20171110 PLA call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/177894709

Date: 2017-11-10
Time: 11:30 AM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Jean Duteau,
Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
Wayne Kubick
John Roberts
Andy Stechishin
no quorum definition

Agenda

Agenda review

  • Notes of 20171027_PLA_call review
  • Discussion
    • Candidate selection for CIMI and V2 management groups
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Notes of 20171027_PLA_call review
  • Discussion
    • Product Matrix spreadsheet
      • MK got spreadsheet from Lynn as part of a request from CDA management group as they do their inventory. Reviewed spreadsheet. Need to ask Lynn how she filtered it.
    • Candidate selection for CIMI and V2 management groups
      • For CIMI: Will get a list of volunteers from Richard's outreach and then compare to group needs. Lorraine nudged Richard on email draft soliciting volunteers for CIMI-MG.
      • For V2: Publishing was established as the management group, but Publishing is now down to one or two people. Austin proposes that they should be treated like Arden and no longer do separation of concerns on it. Arden manages the Arden standard; instead of having formalized separation of concerns into management, methodology and governance, perhaps we allow them to merge those interests. They'll be asked to manage V2 as a product. Discussion over whether it should be InM or OO. MK is concerned that we're now applying different rules to different families which leads to confusion. Discussion over establishing a V2 WG that would focus on the standard. Lorraine suggests a management group rather than a WG. We would drop publishing as the management group and put out an appeal for people who are interested in joining a V2 management group. Could also ask the groups doing V2 for their opinion. For next WGM, we need to try to organize a meeting with those groups still doing active work in 2.x. MK thinks it might not be the best time because the schedule is so packed; maybe we send out a request for feedback. Lorraine suggests we ask OO to donate one of their V2 quarters and invite other active 2.x participants. Austin: We could also send out a doodle poll to the cochair list. Decision to ask OO for one of their quarters, then send a note out to cochairs regarding the meeting on the future of 2.x product family and asking them to attend.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to TSC agenda
        • ACTION: Lorraine to ask OO about using one of their quarters in New Orleans

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved