20170929 PLA call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/177894709

Date: 2017-9-29
Time: 11:30 AM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
Lorraine Constable
Jean Duteau,
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
Wayne Kubick
x John Roberts
Andy Stechishin
no quorum definition

Agenda

Agenda review

  • Notes of 20170915_PLA_WGM review
  • Discussion Topics
    • CIMI Product Family progress
    • CDAMG progress
    • Risk assessment process
    • From San Diego: Need to articulate the implications of the RACI chart, and develop the rules of engagement for each of the new groups, showing who each group relates to and how.
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family

Minutes

Agenda review

  • Notes of 20170915_PLA_WGM review
    • Reviewed
  • Discussion Topics
    • CIMI Product Family progress
      • Reviewed discussion in San Diego. Reception to the idea was generally positive.
      • Next step: circle back around on Mission and Charter so we can send it to TSC.
        • ACTION: Anne to reach out to Stan and Richard about call time of 2:00 pm on 2017-10-06 or 2017-10-13
    • CDAMG progress
      • ACTION: Anne to send out Doodle poll with variety of call times, keeping in mind Europe and west coast. Austin and MK will make the time work for the first couple of calls.
    • Structured Documents has updated their M&C to reflect being the methodology group
    • V2 product family: InM or Publishing should likely be the 2.x management group. Need to clarify Publishing's role within the organization. Discussion over whether or not people would volunteer to participate in a V2 product family. 2.x and CDA are likely to see a long tail of slowed adoption, while V3 will have a short tail due to smaller base. The only action in V3 is terminology and even that is winding down.
      • Add to parking lot
    • Risk assessment process
      • Need to manage risks as part of standing up product families. SGB needs to look at risk from a different angle. For example, difficulty around separation of concerns in areas where there is a lack of resources.
    • From San Diego: Need to articulate the implications of the RACI chart, and develop the rules of engagement for each of the new groups, showing who each group relates to and how.
      • Discussion over steering divisions and their function. Paul: Role of SD is to manage the WGs and deal with PSSs and other work. Management groups focus on products being produced in that family. Austin: SDs and management groups are peers, but what they manage is different. Not all work the WGs produce fall within a product family.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved