2017-11-08 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-11-08
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
Regrets Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-10-25_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • Recommend to TSC to work with CTO on architecture and tooling strategy to support the work of the committees in following the precepts
    • Ask Vocab to approve a motion that it was the WG’s intention in R3 for the Expansion profile to be balloted as STU. If PA has not documented approval, send them the same message
    • Paul to verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
  • Discussion Topics
    • Finish review of mixed ballot content precept
    • Precept implementation strategy
    • Backwards compatibility consistency and definition across families
    • Product families to develop an approach to indicating the maturity of the products
  • Precepts to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize

Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • CDAMG co-chairs will be voted on this Friday; one (Brett Marquard), if voted in, will have a dual position in the methodology group and the management group. Lorraine: precept says you can't be on management and governance. Austin: Proposing that Brett steps down from being a Structured Docs cochair with a transition period over the course of the next year. Group sees this as reasonable. Will need to be proposed to the TSC.
      • MOTION to recommend to TSC that Structured Docs be given through the end of the 2018Sep WGM to replace Brett Marquard who has taken on the cochair role of the CDAMG: Austin/Calvin
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Discussion over Austin's roles next year when he becomes TSC chair. Reviewed precept. Austin will step down as SGB chair when he becomes TSC chair. Unaware of any other precept violations that won't be resolved by January WGM.
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-10-25_SGB_Conference_Call
    • Discussion over call with Tooling last time. Issues remain that, while not covered by the SGB, should be covered by someone (likely TSC). Perhaps EST should be an advisory group. Lorraine notes that there will be tooling work coming down from the board initiatives. Calvin: Is the role of this group too narrowly defined in an organization that is changing its nature? Paul: If the board is going to set strategic direction for the organization, the rest of the organization needs to understand what that direction is and who is responsible for what. It would be useful to be clear on who is mandated to deliver those goals. Lorraine: Should be reflected back into the business architecture. Paul notes that original risks identified by TSC have largely remained unaddressed. Lorraine: In ARB, it was noted that more and more things are brought from outside, instead of encouraging people to come in and develop it inside. Discussion over previous decisions regarding the endorsement of external standards.
    • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Austin
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Call adjourned at 11:03 AM Eastern. Remaining items below referred to next meeting.
  • Action Items
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • Recommend to TSC to work with CTO on architecture and tooling strategy to support the work of the committees in following the precepts
    • Ask Vocab to approve a motion that it was the WG’s intention in R3 for the Expansion profile to be balloted as STU. If PA has not documented approval, send them the same message
    • Paul to verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
  • Discussion Topics
    • Finish review of mixed ballot content precept
    • Precept implementation strategy
    • Backwards compatibility consistency and definition across families
    • Product families to develop an approach to indicating the maturity of the products
  • Precepts to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved