2017-11-06 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)
  • Michelle Miller
  • Stephen Chu
  • John Hatem

Agenda Items and notes

Pharmacy List

FHIR

FHIR Tracker Items

FHIR Tracker

Workflow Changes (Group = Workflow)

Request
  • GF#14020 - MedicationRequest Alignment
  • November 6, 2017 - review any additional changes
    • Instantiates type - should be URI
  • October 9, 2017 -See analysis spreadsheet
    • Definition - new Workflow name is "instantiates" -
    • StatusReason - add
    • "doNotPerform"
    • requester - change from backbone to align with pattern
      • PractitionerRole needs to be added in as a reference
      • remove agent
      • remove onBehalfOf
    • add practitionerType to recorder
    • performer - references - add CareTeam and PractitionerRole
    • add insurance
    • Motion - to make the changes as identified in spreadsheet - Melva/Jean - 3-0-0 Carried
Action:  John to reach out to Tom to see if there is a NL use case for "do not perform" using MedicationRequest
Statement
  • GF #14023 MedicationStatement Alignment
  • November 6, 2017
    • John reviewing changes to align MedicationStatement with Workflow (see spreadsheet for details)
    • Our dateAsserted doesn't have a match in Workflow. We're not deleting. John will bring to the attention of the Workflow group.
    • taken/notTaken ... this is a longer discussion. Out of time for today
  • October 23, 2017

Medication Related (Group = A)

Dosage Related (Group = B)

Misc (Group = none)

Action:  Melva to create 2 examples for discussion next week

Order Service Catalogue FHIR Project

  • To follow the Order Catalog work, use the following listserv: ordercatalog@lists.hl7.org
  • Background
    • under Orders WG.
    • Catalogue vs Formulary. Catalog is a superset of Formulary, includes orderable items beyond medications.
    • expect one or two new resources
    • Jose and John involved
  • Updates
    • New Lab resource was created. John Hatem will continue to monitor and attend meetings.
    • August 14: last meeting was specific to lab specimen
      • content of the resource is generic
    • August 28: no update. There will be a meeting this week
      • specimen resource - believed to be a definitional resource
    • September 25: not started up
    • October 2: actively being discussed - John attending calls
    • October 9: no update
    • October 23:

International Chemotherapy Implementation FHIR IG

  • Chemotherapy IG Wiki Page
  • Background
    • NCCN and other European input to support broad requirements. Specific implementations would constrain as needed
  • Update from John Hatem
    • Next meeting will be held August 15
    • no update - meeting will be held this week - John will attend
Action:  John will ask about ballot time frame
  • August 28 - meeting this week
  • September 25: no update - meetings have been cancelled
  • October 2: has not met for a few weeks
    • John to follow up with project team
    • October 9: no update
    • October 23:

Blood Products/Transfusion/Tissue Update

  • Background:
    • based in Patient Care. also includes Orders
    • Blood Products/etc moving into FHIR. Want to maintain alignment with Orders and Pharmacy resources
  • Eric H has sent out a Doodle poll to determine a meeting time for OO, PC and Pharmacy to discuss.
    • Meeting is currently scheduled for Aug 10, 2017
  • Updates
    • August 14, 2017
      • Minutes
      • meeting was held on August 10
      • scoped to Blood Transfusion for now - profiles on Pharmacy resources may work for the requirements
      • will continue to investigate requirements in preparation for the WGM Quarter
      • Michelle will post to Zulip inviting participation at WGM - complete
    • October 9: no update
    • October 23:

CIMI Pharmacy Model Update

  • Update from John Hatem
    • July 17, 2017 - Claude Nanjo provided an overview of the CIMI logical model that incorporates the Pharmacy FHIR resource work. This work will be balloted as Informative in the HL7 September 2017 ballot.
    • July 31, 2017 - concerns raised about how Pharmacy will be involved and be expected to manage the content
      • will be balloted as informative
    • August 7, 2017 - John Hatem is following up with Claude N. on what type of commitment is expected from Pharmacy going forward.
    • August 14, 2017 - John has reached out to Claude. He has a general slide deck but will have to re-create a pharmacy specific version.
    • August 28, 2017 - ballot is open. It is not easy to read the ballot content without using the mapping spreadsheet and even then it isn't clear
    • October 9: no update
    • October 23:

Clozapine REMS registry message - Mike Henderson

    • Does there exist, or is there planned, any HL7 V2 messaging for the US Clozapine REMS or similar Clozapine registries?
    • VA has a significant mental health care population - a registry exists but doesn't use standards based messaging - uses mail messages
    • There is a dispense event messages and a query
    • Has someone dealt with this yet?
      • Michelle will check to see if anyone using Cerner is communicating with the REMS registry
    • Mike will send more information about what data is in mail messages
    • October 23:

Action Item List

  • August 7 update: John is working on cleaning up the action item list
  • September 25 update: Claude believes more information needs to be provided to navigate through the material
    • he is willing to come to Pharmacy WG
  • October 2 update: was pulled from the ballot

Ballot Reconciliation - Templates

MedicationKnowledge Resource

  • Should be approved by the TSC by next Monday
  • Discussion of how we want to work on this project
Action:  Determine if we will schedule a separate call
Action:  Consider a joint meeting with BR&R in New Orleans

AOB

Next meeting

  • Monday, November 13, 2017 - 4pm Eastern