2017-11-03 Learning Health Systems Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Facilitator||Stephen Chu, John Roberts||Note taker(s)||Emma Jones|
|x||John Roberts||Tennessee Department of Health|
|Asim Muhammad||Philips Research Europe|
|Laura Heermann-Langford||Intermountain Healthcare|
|Chris Melo||Phillips Healthcare|
|Benjamin Kummer||Columbia University|
- Chair: John Roberts/Stephen Chu
- Scribe: Emma Jones
Use Case Review
- Key objective is to do more story board development
- John will work on public health
- Question asked about representing Longitudinal Primary care which may involve teams that are more long term
- There are also intermediate and transient teams. Is the intent to represent both using the applicable categories?
- Care team that plays a role within a care team - do all inpatient, outpatient, short term, long term teams fall under this category?
- Need to capture the variances
- some in the health care industry believe there are 2 basic teams - inpatient and outpatient
- Can have providers that follow the patient both inpatient and outpatient
- Stephen has provided 2 use cases that could be used as "themes"
- Participation in public health care don't typically follow the patient but affect care thru a population
- Examples that Stephen was including - is it adding to the traditional model of Primary Care Team, where the patient is the leader or there may be no identified leader of the care team?
- The following 2 use cases could be "themes" that the categories may be able to fit into
- Use Case 1 - there is a team leader or coordinator
- Use Case 2 - there is not a defined care team leader
- The categories could then be used to drive organization of the care teams
- Suggestion that before doing that, may want to put some description on the category and quickly describe the roles and responsibilities
- John will include a public health use case
- Suggestion take a look at the IHE DCTM story boards and see if it's re-usable or can be used as a starting point
- Mike will take one of the categories and work out which 'theme' it falls under
- Emma will copy the IHE DCTM storyboards in the document
- Lisa will add a use case that include a designated daughter/son taking care or the aging parent. Will have someone in a lead role and it's not the patient.
- Suggest using the 2 use cases Stephen added as an example for a format - note these use cases were meant to include consent. Suggest adding roles and responsibility as part of the format
- For now we can focus on the content then we will come back and do the organization and formatting
Link to the Use Case Document is here