2017-10-02 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair)
  • John Hatem
  • Austin Kreisler
  • Michelle Miller
  • Yunwei Wang
  • Elise Balden (NCPDP)
  • Jean Duteau
  • Scott Robertson

Agenda Items and notes

Project Scope Statement

Project Co-Sponsor - C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Infectious Disease

File:Project Scope Statement C CDA Infectious Disease Data Additions v 4.docx

  • Austin Kreisler - project to create a supplement to CCDA 2.1 - Infectious Disease templates
    • intent is to raise the bar on the content to be exchange related to a patient with an infectious disease
    • provide more specific templates - 3 parts - diagnostic details, microbiology laboratory results, and antimicrobial prophylaxis or treatment (prior to transition of care)
      • non of this data is flowing to public health as part of IG, but will benefit from the data
    • US Realm project
    • contributions from pharmacy - expectation is relatively light
      • can participate as much as we want
      • requirement gathering this ballot cycle
      • review of draft for comment ballot
        • would be announced to the list and for review by Co-Sponsors - can look at pre-publication version
    • Kaiser may want to monitor so Scott may be able to monitor this project - Scott or another KP person will join the project - interested party
  • Motion to Scott - Jean - to approve as a co-sponsor with involvement as follows: review PSS, periodic updates at least every 4 months and content review of the ballot material - 7-0-0 Carried

Reaffirmation - Medication Statement and Administration Ballot

FHIR

MedicationKnowledge Resource

  • discussion in San Diego about a new resource for medication knowledge
    • after a lengthy discussion Grahame told us to proceed with a project and a resource proposal
    • working name is MedicationKnowledge
    • goal is to include in Comment only ballot for January cycle
  • Review Project Scope Statement - need to review and approve
  • reach out to drug knowledge base vendors - FDB, MediSpan, etc; Apelon, IMO, Multum announcing new project
  • Michelle will reach out to Multum - are there requirements that should be included for medication knowledge?
  • Daniel - Epic - no plans to expose knowledge base via API
  • Motion to approve Project - Daniel - seconded by Michelle - 3-0-0 Carried
  • should we ask others to be interested party - BR&R, Patient Care, O&O and CDS
  • Review Resource Proposal - need to review and approve
    • MedicationKnowledge resource proposal
    • add Patient Care and Clinical Decision Support
    • expand on "some commercial systems" to be specific
    • update the scenario - "This resource can be used to query for a drug or set of drugs coverage details in a particular formulary"
    • Motion to accept resource proposal: John/Michelle - 3-0-0 Carried
  • October 2 Update:

FHIR Tracker Items

FHIR Tracker

  • there will be changes to our resources to event and request patterns based on decision

Medication Related (Group = A)

  • GF#13295: Add support for compounded or magistral products - was previously approved, but need to review in light of decisions made in San Diego
    • Motion to find the changes Not Persuasive in light of the Medication resource changes approved in San Diego but will review again when we look at the new medicationknowledge resource - John - Scott - 6-0-0 Carried
Action:  Invite Jose to an upcoming teleconference

Dosage Related (Group = B)

Misc (Group = none)

  • GF #13978 Clarify MedStatement.status values
  • GF #13905 prn medications need boolean and optional reason
  • GF #13537 13537 Collapse medicationAdministration.notDone into status
    • we discussed 13537 which is a request to update Medication Administration by removing the NotGiven Boolean and adding in a new status code - not done. Since this is coming from workflow we decided to wait until this is added to the Event logical model for Workflow and evaluate the definition of "not done" and assess it's relevance for Pharmacy. In general there was a positive reaction to this request.
  • GF #13538 13538 Collapse medicationDispense.notDone into status
    • we discussed 13538 which is a request to update Medication Dispense by removing the notGiven Boolean and adding in a new status code - not done. Since this is coming from workflow we decided to wait until is added to the Event logical model for Workflow, and evaluate the definition of "not done" and assess it's relevance for Pharmacy.
      • Michelle mentioned we may also want to review Patient Care 12592 before we make our changes since there was some discussion about how this change should/should not impact the Request resource.
    • August 28 - John checking to see what changes have happened to Workflow
  • GF #13881 Definitions for MedDispense
  • GF #13878 Clarify definition for reasonNotTaken on MedicationStatement
  • GF #13935 MedicationRequest intent

Order Service Catalogue FHIR Project

  • To follow the Order Catalog work, use the following listserv: ordercatalog@lists.hl7.org
  • Background
    • under Orders WG.
    • Catalogue vs Formulary. Catalog is a superset of Formulary, includes orderable items beyond medications.
    • expect one or two new resources
    • Jose and John involved
  • Updates
    • New Lab resource was created. John Hatem will continue to monitor and attend meetings.
    • August 14: last meeting was specific to lab specimen
      • content of the resource is generic
    • August 28: no update. There will be a meeting this week
      • specimen resource - believed to be a definitional resource
    • September 25: not started up
    • October 2: actively being discussed - John attending calls

International Chemotherapy Implementation FHIR IG

  • Chemotherapy IG Wiki Page
  • Background
    • NCCN and other European input to support broad requirements. Specific implementations would constrain as needed
  • Update from John Hatem
    • Next meeting will be held August 15
    • no update - meeting will be held this week - John will attend
Action:  John will ask about ballot time frame
  • August 28 - meeting this week
  • September 25: no update - meetings have been cancelled
  • October 2: has not met for a few weeks
    • John to follow up with project team

Blood Products/Transfusion/Tissue Update

  • Background:
    • based in Patient Care. also includes Orders
    • Blood Products/etc moving into FHIR. Want to maintain alignment with Orders and Pharmacy resources
  • Eric H has sent out a Doodle poll to determine a meeting time for OO, PC and Pharmacy to discuss.
    • Meeting is currently scheduled for Aug 10, 2017
  • Updates
    • August 14, 2017
      • Minutes
      • meeting was held on August 10
      • scoped to Blood Transfusion for now - profiles on Pharmacy resources may work for the requirements
      • will continue to investigate requirements in preparation for the WGM Quarter
      • Michelle will post to Zulip inviting participation at WGM - complete

CIMI Pharmacy Model Update

  • Update from John Hatem
    • July 17, 2017 - Claude Nanjo provided an overview of the CIMI logical model that incorporates the Pharmacy FHIR resource work. This work will be balloted as Informative in the HL7 September 2017 ballot.
    • July 31, 2017 - concerns raised about how Pharmacy will be involved and be expected to manage the content
      • will be balloted as informative
    • August 7, 2017 - John Hatem is following up with Claude N. on what type of commitment is expected from Pharmacy going forward.
    • August 14, 2017 - John has reached out to Claude. He has a general slide deck but will have to re-create a pharmacy specific version.
    • August 28, 2017 - ballot is open. It is not easy to read the ballot content without using the mapping spreadsheet and even then it isn't clear
Action: John to reach out to Claude and indicate that we believe a pharmacy specific is needed - complete

Action Item List

  • August 7 update: John is working on cleaning up the action item list
  • September 25 update: Claude believes more information needs to be provided to navigate through the material
    • he is willing to come to Pharmacy WG
  • October 2 update: was pulled from the ballot

AOB

Next meeting

  • Monday, October 9th, 2017 - 4pm Eastern