2017-09-20 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2017-09-20
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Lorraine Constable,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Chris Johnson

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from2017-09-14_FGB_FMG_WGM
  • Minutes from 2017-09-11 FMG WGM
  • Minutes from 2017-09-10 FMG FGB WGM
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to put together a draft template for IG proposals and clean up some of the profile proposal template
    • Lloyd to update on turning QA spreadsheet and corresponding wiki pages into WG assessment/reporting tool
    • Josh and Grahame to determine requirements for proposal to manage balloting on Github
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
    • Eric to nudge Lorraine/Claude to come to upcoming meeting for update on CatalogEntry
    • FHIR-I to review TestReport proposal and bring back to FMG
    • Anne to notify CQI of errors that need to be fixed on HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm before it can go forward
    • Anne to go through WGs to see who doesn’t have PSSs for R4 development.
      • Question from Anne: What is the best way to go about this?
    • Set up Doodle poll for cross-committee discussion of Media
  • Review items
  • Discussion topics
    • Process for WGs getting balloting credit
      • Question from Anne: Should I include anyone listed as "Developing" on this sheet?
    • Mechanisms and guidance on WGs being updated on how their resources are being used to determine maturity level. Application registry?
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Question from San Diego: Who should run the Conenctathon? Is it a technical activity, staff activity, etc. Related: Should it run all day on Sunday?
    • FGB
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Josh
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from2017-09-14_FGB_FMG_WGM
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Post
    • VOTE: David abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Minutes from 2017-09-11 FMG WGM
    • Made two updates
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Grahame
    • VOTE: David abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Minutes from 2017-09-10 FMG FGB WGM
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/John
    • VOTE: David abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to put together a draft template for IG proposals and clean up some of the profile proposal template
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to update on turning QA spreadsheet and corresponding wiki pages into WG assessment/reporting tool
      • Complete. Old worksheet is now read-only and links should be pointing to the new spreadsheet.
    • Josh and Grahame to determine requirements for proposal to manage balloting on Github
      • Complete. Is narrower in scope now - looking at Github to host materials for review in the ballot and understanding the requirements for that. Grahame: The question is if people can create Github issues and reference them in ballot. Need to document the proposed process and present for approval to TSC.
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
      • Add for next week
    • Eric to nudge Lorraine/Claude to come to upcoming meeting for update on CatalogEntry
      • Hans will follow up with Eric/Lorraine/Claude
    • FHIR-I to review TestReport proposal and bring back to FMG
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to notify CQI of errors that need to be fixed on HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm before it can go forward
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to go through WGs to see who doesn’t have PSSs for R4 development.
      • Question from Anne: What is the best way to go about this?
      • Add for next week
    • Set up Doodle poll for cross-committee discussion of Media
      • Hans sent it out and it is in process. Will also forward to John Moehrke.
  • Review items
    • Product Director's Report
      • Will add a section for upcoming events. Wayne has asked Grahame to mention the ONC funding. Grahame asks for other changes to be submitted ASAP as he needs to submit it within 24 hours.
    • Request for feedback on HL7 International Council wiki page listing FHIR artifacts
      • Group reviews.
      • Made corrective edits to paragraph 2.
      • Paragraphs 4 and 5 are confusing.
      • URLs domain names: Grahame will rewrite
      • Balloting Process: Need to clarify what localization of FHIR standard means in this context. Policy needs to be that anyone who wants to, regardless of affiliate they're governed by, is free to create extensions and profiles for their own use. Discussion over stating that it can only be called core to that country if it follows proper procedure.
      • Lloyd notes that they are using the word validation differently than FHIR uses it.
        • ACTION: Grahame to invite Peter Jordan to FMG call to discuss
  • Discussion topics
    • Process for WGs getting balloting credit
      • Question from Anne: Should I include anyone listed as "Developing" on this sheet?
        • This is correct. Anne to update process.
    • Mechanisms and guidance on WGs being updated on how their resources are being used to determine maturity level. Application registry?
      • Has been on our list of things to do for FHIR.org. Grahame thinks the funding for web development will cover this.
      • Some people at HQ have expressed interested in moving the HL7 membership database over to FHIR. Lloyd will get a copy of the database schema to assess feasibility.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Question from San Diego: Who should run the Connectathon? Is it a technical activity, staff activity, etc. Related: Should it run all day on Sunday?
        • Grahame states Mary Ann was going to do some research on Sunday feasibility.
        • Question of having a meeting manager: will have a better idea on this idea next week.
        • Ewout's list of things discussed on Monday evening:
          • People would prefer to continue into Q3.
          • Instead of 2 minute summaries, we could make clips and put them on the web.
          • Idea to get pizza to get people to stay on into the evening (would have to get them from the hotel which could be cost prohibitive).
          • Instead of trying to show how to get to the pages you need, set up a Connectathon page with links to all important pages.
          • Should include staff more in planning since the Connectathon is so large. Staff doesn't know where the birds of a feather are, etc. Need to share that excel sheet.
          • Grahame: We should come up with a position description for the Connectathon meeting organizer that includes some of these items.
          • Discussion over how to decide what clips would be included in the video wrap-up if it was done that way.
          • How much space to we have for New Orleans and Cologne? Mary Ann will get back to Grahame on that.
    • FGB
      • No report
    • MnM –
      • Have gotten the quality spreadsheet out for people to start completing. They welcome feedback.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Doodle poll has gone out for participation in cross-committee discussion of Media.
  • Adjourned at 5:18 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2017-09-27 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International