2017-08-09 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-08-09
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-02_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Draft precept on use of new tools/coordinate with Wayne
    • Paul to reach out to Kai regarding Templates piece of the VMR items.
    • Paul to send original documentation of VMR requirements to Anne to send to ARB and SGB.
    • Austin will make edit recommended by TSC regarding voting to the boilerplate M&C template and send on to management groups
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Paul to finish detailed list of 23 items for FHIR ballot that were approved by WG to be STUs
  • Discussion Topics
    • Austin/Lorraine reappointments and staggering terms
    • Further discussion: FGB vitality review
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Agenda items for San Diego
    • Re-appointments to SGB

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-02_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Thom
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Draft precept on use of new tools/coordinate with Wayne
      • Paul notes there are tools that we use and tools that we create. Calvin: It should be specific to new tools - a path and a process to allowing use. Lorraine: It would be in our scope to look at the ones related to standards development. Anything beyond that goes to TSC. Calvin: Every product family that's new comes with its own bolus of tools, perhaps because the methodologies are different. Austin notes there has been struggle in Structured Docs over using ArtDecor to generate a ballot rather than Trifolia, for example. Paul would like this attached to our organizational tooling strategy. Calvin: Maybe it's not so much a new precept but we need to dust off the existing policies. Product management groups should coordinate with EST - but who is the final decider? Need to bring tooling and Wayne together to this meeting to discuss. Perhaps should list all tools being used on the PSS.
        • ACTION: All to look at the tooling document and review tooling inventory.
        • ACTION: Paul to reach out to EST cochairs regarding meeting on Friday in San Diego.
        • ACTION: Anne to look into possibility of having David J. and Laura dial in.
        • ACTION: Move this item to parking lot
    • Paul to reach out to Kai regarding Templates piece of the VMR items.
      • Kai did a cursory review and he felt that a number of the recommendations have not been met. Paul will ask him to review and comment on the ballot or send his comments through to SGB so one of us can add.
    • Paul to send original documentation of VMR requirements to Anne to send to ARB and SGB.
      • Lorraine completed.
    • Austin will make edit recommended by TSC regarding voting to the boilerplate M&C template and send on to management groups.
      • Boilerplate was updated. CIMI folks are looking at it as they work on theirs.
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
      • Add to parking lot
    • Paul to finish detailed list of 23 items for FHIR ballot that were approved by WG to be STUs
      • Paul as sent them out to WGs to ask for dates by the end of August.
      • ACTION: Add to parking lot
  • Discussion Topics
    • State machine alignment call on Monday: Paul summarizes the issue. May get a precept regarding documentation for implementers when there aren't perfect maps. This will likely not be completed on Monday - may need to discuss further in San Diego. Will attend FGB's lunch on Monday. Decision that Lorraine/Dave will lead the discussion on Monday as SGB is joining FGB. Lisa's issue will be the problem statement to work around. At a high level it's that the concepts of instance status versus business status on resources are not as rigidly represented as they have been in prior HL7 materials.
    • Austin/Lorraine reappointments and staggering terms
      • Austin and Lorraine are currently scheduled to expire in September. Lorraine should be expiring in 2018
        • MOTION to approve updated expiration dates: Lorraine/Thom
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Further discussion: FGB vitality review
      • Add for next week
  • Next week: Agenda for San Diego
  • Cancel the 2017-09-06 call

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved