2017-06-21 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-06-21
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Regrets Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
Rik Smithies
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda/Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Add nominations for provider role
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-06-14_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Tony
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Nominations for SGB:
    • ACTION: Add to agenda for next week. Austin and Paul will develop a coherent list this week.
  • Paul's appointment is up in September. Decision to ask for reconfirmation for him and any others at the same time as the request for appointment of Calvin's replacement (provider role).
    • ACTION: Anne to add reappointments to Friday SGB agenda in San Diego
    • ACTION: Determine which members expire at end of 2017
  • Action Items
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Austin to update mission and charter boilerplate
      • Group reviews/Austin makes edits. Lorraine notes that assessing and approving publishing requests for submission to TSC is not something that is occurring today within management groups. Austin was under the impression that we had decided in Madrid that it is something that we want management groups to start doing. It would be step between Anne/Lynn and the TSC, with Anne/Lynn routing to management group before TSC. Discussion over formal relationships sections - decision to leave as is.
      • MOTION to approve and recommend adoption to TSC: Lorraine/Austin
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Add review of MG template and publication request topic to TSC agenda
    • CIMI product family
      • PLA is coordinating. Lorraine is attending their meeting tomorrow and will let them know that PLA is taking the lead on moving this forward, and is meeting next week to get things moving; PLA will be arranging a joint meeting with CIMI to coordinate the process. Ken had asked Austin to mentor as a representative of PLA. Discussion over methodology groups. Austin notes that Structured Docs was updating their M&C to reflect being the CDA methodology group but TSC called a halt to M&C reviews. Discussion over V2 methodology group. Need to formalize these groups.
        • ACTION: Anne to add formalizing methodology groups to PLA agenda
    • Tony to find vitality assessment slide deck
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Anne to respond (copying Austin/Paul) to David Pyke re: SPIA email
      • Complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review Grahme's document regarding variance from normal balloting/publishing process
    • State Machine Alignment, continued
    • Revisit our current precepts and add who our precepts apply to and how they are to be implemented
    • Review PIC document on balloting best practices
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize



Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved