2017-06-07 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-06-07
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
Regrets Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Regrets Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Holly Chevalier


Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-05-31_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Wayne will forward info from Grahame on variance from normal balloting/publishing process
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Austin to update mission and charter boilerplate
    • Anne to gather all principles and precepts and publish on Wiki by mid-June
    • Tony to find vitality assessment slide deck
    • SGB to join ARB on 2017-06-06
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Anne to invite MnM/InM//Structured Docs cochairs to 2017-06-14 call to discuss state machine alignment
    • Anne to respond (copying Austin/Paul) to David Pyke re: SPIA email
  • Discussion Topics
    • Revisit our current precepts and add who our precepts apply to and how they are to be implemented
    • Review PIC document on balloting best practices
  • Parking Lot
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize

Minutes

  • No quorum
  • Student Holly Chevalier here from Texas Tech. Students in her class have an assignment to attend an HL7 policy call and more may be attending next week. Paul spends some time describing the structure of the organization.
  • Next week: MnM/InM/Structured Docs have been invited to discuss state machine alignment.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved