This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2017-05-25 Patient Care FHIR Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting Information

Patient Care FHIR Resources Conference Call

Location: Conference Call
Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 943377

Date: 2017-05-25
Time: 5-6:30pm ET
Facilitator Michelle M Miller Note taker(s) Michelle M Miller
Attendee Name Affiliation

X Elaine Ayres NIH/Department of Clinical Research Informatics
Pushpalatha Bhat
X Dave Carlson
X Stephen Chu The Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA)
Evelyn Gallego EMI Advisors LLC
X Eric Haas Haas Consulting
X Rob Hausam Hausam Consulting LLC
Laura Heermann-Langford Intermountain Healthcare
Emma Jones Allscripts
Russ Leftwich InterSystems
X Tony Little Optum 360
Jay Lyle Ockham Information Services LLC, VA
Russell McDonell Telstra Health
Lloyd McKenzie Gevity (HL7 Canada)
Larry McKnight Cerner
X Michelle M Miller Cerner
Lisa Nelson Life Over Time Solutions
Viet Nguyen Lockheed Martin, Systems Made Simple
M'Lynda Owens Cognosante
Mike Padula The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Craig Parker Intermountain Healthcare
X Joe Quinn Optum
Simon Sum Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Iona Thraen Dept of Veterans Affairs
Serafina Versaggi Dept of Veterans Affairs
X David Deroode CORHIO
Quorum Requirements Met: yes


Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes 2017-05-04_Patient_Care_FHIR_Call
    • Motion: Stephen/Tony
  3. WGM recap of significant trackers
  4. gForge change request

Supporting Information


WGM Review

  • Patient Care WGM minutes, May_2017_WGM_Madrid,_Spain:_May_6_to_May_12, has the full list of gForge trackers resolved.
  • Significant discussions to be aware of included:
    • GF#12633 Split Procedure into Procedure and ProcedureStatement
      • Action Item: Michelle to solicit input (via Zulip) from implementers on the differences in their systems, which will inform us whether a ProcedureStatement is a subset of Procedure or if there are truly different elements
      • Precedence of MedicationAdministration vs MedicationStatement
      • Objective vs subjective
      • Does ActivityStatement encompass ProcedureStatement?
      • Action Item: Nutrition on FHIR and Nutrition (Zulip) - Elaine is attending and will keep Patient Care informed
    • GF#11332 Advance Directives vs Consent - Zulip chat
    • GF#13196 ReferralRequest vs ProcedureRequest - Merge resources together (with OO owning) due to lack of clear boundaries - Eric is super man and already applied the changes!
      • Stephen feels like a new resource name may be warranted, but wanted to sleep on it
    • GF#12966 and GF#12993 Sept WGM Wed Q3 when Pharmacy is present as part of this will include transfusion boundaries and/or boundaries between a new resource for BiologicallyDerivedProduct / Specimen / Device / Medication(Request), but Eric will see if we can arrange a conference call sooner
    • GF#11021 - AdverseEvent Resource
      • Elaine suggested that PC assume ownership of AdverseEvent from BR&R
      • Stephen wants to remain engaged on this resource
      • Could add AdverseEvent into the AllergyIntolerance conference call

Prior Action Item Follow-up

  • GF#12943 - RIM mapping for Condition.stage.type -- Stephen will email Michelle

Backlog gForge Change Requests (did not discuss, ran out of time)

  • Determine when we can get Rob M, Rob H, Russ, and all other interested parties available to discuss GF#11354
  • Condition - GF#13393 Clarify or remove Condition targetBodySite extension
  • Procedure - GF#13246 Procedure.performedString
  • FamilyMemberHistory - GF#10508 FMH scope (related to events)
  • Flag - GF#8647 Missing codes from Flag.category valueset


Adjourned at 6:32pm Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes
    • Motion: <moved>/<seconded> Abstain - <#>, Negative - <#>, Approve - <#>
  3. gForge change request

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.