2017-04-26 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2017-04-26
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay Regrets Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
x Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Durwin Day, Lenel James, Bob Dieterle

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2017-04-19_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Brian to ensure Publishing reviews balloting process PSS on 2017-04-24
    • Paul to take publication naming convention ideas (R3 vs. STU3) to TSC
    • David to reach out to QA reviewers to find out if they would be willing to assist in sample generation
    • Grahame/Wayne to formalize proposal on document naming confusion between IGs and US Core and take to TSC
    • David will suggest some words to add to the stale items summary spreadsheet to explain the columns
    • Grahame will write up response for draft/STU FMM rationale for review and approval. Will talk about what was done as well was what will be done in the future.
  • Review Items
    • FHIR Proficiency Certifcation PSS
    • FHIR Healthcare Directory Information Exchange Implementation Guide
  • Discussion Topics
    • FHIR profile and bundle versioning
    • FMM 4/5 substantive change approval process
    • Review Grahame's list of priorities/objectives for R4
    • Discuss what we want to capture from FHIR implementers in survey or other method
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • Motion to accept: Hans
  • Minutes from 2017-04-19_FMG_concall
    • Made edits to clarify
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Wayne
    • VOTE: Paul abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Action items
    • Brian to ensure Publishing reviews balloting process PSS on 2017-04-24
      • They reviewed and approved
    • Paul to take publication naming convention ideas (R3 vs. STU3) to TSC
      • Raised the issue and will be discussing further in Madrid
    • David to reach out to QA reviewers to find out if they would be willing to assist in sample generation
      • Add for next week
    • Grahame/Wayne to formalize proposal on document naming confusion between IGs and US Core and take to TSC
      • Started discussions and want to connect with Ken on it. Leave for next time.
    • David will suggest some words to add to the stale items summary spreadsheet to explain the columns
      • Add for next week
    • Grahame will write up response for draft/STU FMM rationale for review and approval. Will talk about what was done as well was what will be done in the future.
      • Add for next week
  • Review Items
    • FHIR Proficiency Certifcation PSS
      • Reviewed PSS. Not open book. Discussion over web platform and ability to open spec while taking test. Wayne suggests noting that it is not open book. Need to uncheck resources and profiles in section 4.
        • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • FHIR Healthcare Directory Information Exchange Implementation Guide
      • Brian Post not here. Bob Dieterle joins to describe project. Effort is underway between FHA and ONC to develope a validated source of healthcare directory information. Intent is to take validated resource and make it available to local workflow environments including government agencies. This would create an IG for FHIR to support that exchange of information. Grahame states that the name of the project doesn't differentiate from the Argonaut work. Bob states that Argonaut is working on access and not exchange. Grahame suggests another title might help regardless. Will come back with update. There will be two new resources at least.
        • ACTION: Add for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • FHIR profile and bundle versioning
      • Durwin and Lenel here to discuss. Lenel describes issue. At value-based care Connectathon in Chicago, they had tracks running on both STUs 2 and 3. There was dialog regarding how that works in the real world with version controls now that several payers are in production. Grahame: Not clear exactly what the issue is. We've said all along that by keeping FHIR version markers out of the resources/wire exchange and keeping it in the conformance statements around what goes on the wire is workable when we have a normative standard, but other arrangements are needed until it's stable. We would be seeking to take that stuff normative in the next cycle so it will be stable. Ongoing discussion about it because some think that their processing will be version dependent, but our current preference is that it belongs in the metadata rather than the data. Lenel: What we would recommend is not waiting until Normative because people are going into production. Grahame: The issue is actually a FHIR-I issue, not FMG. We could certainly discuss there. In regards to fixing before normative, our next opportunity to publish is intended to be normative. Wayne: Can't this partly be addressed in an implementation guide? Grahame: Maybe, but we need to gather the information in FHIR-I. Lenel: We've started a storyboard describing the problem, so I've got documentation to share. Paul: Mario brought up that there is a Q3 Wednesday discussion on this in Conformance; perhaps that's a good place to surface it. Grahame: We are looking to do versioning like Dicom does it without version arguments. Lenel: Payers don't use Dicom, so that doesn't work the same way for us. Paul: FMG needs to make sure this gets solved at the end of the day.
    • FMM 4/5 substantive change approval process
      • We said we would consult with implementers if we make breaking changes to levels 4 and 5. With FHIR.org, we can now consider what the process would look like to do that. Could gather cohort for consultation regarding the change and do a survey/response.
    • Review Grahame's list of priorities/objectives for R4
      • Would like to get them endorsed for release in Madrid. Discussion over FM bullet regarding better alignment between FM and the rest of FHIR. Grahame is not saying any particular change is needed now but feedback suggests work needs to be done. Paul: Happy to fix things if things that are at odds are identified.
    • Discuss what we want to capture from FHIR implementers in survey or other method
      • Add for next week.
  • Adjourned at 5:10 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2017-05-08 FMG WGM


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International