2017-04-24 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair and Scribe)
  • Michelle Miller
  • Scott Robertson
  • John Hatem
  • Jose Costa Teixera
  • Kent Bui

Agenda Items and notes

Madrid Agenda

  • Madrid Agenda
    • Jose: need to have time to discuss SPL/FHIR/IDMP "BR&R"
    • April 17 Update: Melva to reach out to BR&R to see if there is a time we can meet in Madrid
Action: Melva to send an email to BR&R Co-Chairs inviting them to join us in Madrid - complete

Compounded meds

  • Steve Emrik from USP
    • USP has monographs for compounded products/process - how to make the product
    • example Atenolol Example
    • add to future agenda for need to identify medications as compounded in FHIR Medication, necessary metadata, and possibly the directions for compounding
  • April 17 Update: there is not great support in Health IT space for sending/receiving information about compounded information
    • regulations coming out in the US - California to use USP monographs when compounding
    • What types of metadata would be useful?
    • perhaps a URI to the instructions for compounding
    • receiver: anyone who needed to compound
    • sender: not sure who would send
      • will be working on a code that could be included in RxNorm - URL would be a property of the USP code or RxNorm code
      • Open Medicine - has done some work on this
      • there are pieces of metadata that could be included
Action: Add a tracker item as a placeholder for changes to medication - complete

Tracker Items

FHIR Tracker

  • Dosage.text vs Dosage.additionalInstruction - Tracker #13222
Action:  Melva to followup with Lee
Action:  Melva to draft changes for review
  • Special Authorization - 12175
    • many countries will need something similar but might not be standard enough
    • not likely that this is core - suggest creating an extension
    • see tracker 12175
  • Tracker 13044 and 13043 - add performer role
    • discussion of change requested by Grahame
Action:  Melva to review change requested and actions needed

FHIR Maturity

  • Medication, MedicationRequest and MedicationStatement = FMM 3
  • MedicationDispense and MedicationAdministration - FMM 2

Order Service Catalogue Project

  • To follow the Order Catalog work, use the following listserv: ordercatalog@lists.hl7.org
  • 3/13 - no recent activity
  • 3/20 - no recent activity
  • 3/27 - discussion of activities
  • 4/3 - no update
    • discussion of the scope of catalog
    • discussion of medication related work
    • to define a project to move the project forward
  • 4/24 - no update
Action from 4/3/2017: draft an initial PSS to update medication
Action from 4/3/2017:  schedule time in Madrid to discuss jointly - reach out to Lorraine

International Chemotherapy Implementation FHIR IG

  • John attended the kick off meeting, others are welcome to attend
  • March 27 Update: no meetings have held - may be tomorrow
  • April 3 Update: Meeting was held on March 28th - minutes was published
  • next meeting 4/11/2017
  • 4/24 - no update

AOB

  • none

Next meeting

  • Monday, May 1, 2017 at 4pm Eastern - John to chair