2017-03-28 TermInfo Project Call r
|TermInfo Project Conference Call
GTM and call-in details:
1. Please join my meeting. https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/605884653
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Australia: +61 2 8355 1040 Canada: +1 (647) 497-9391 Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 88 61 Sweden: +46 (0) 852 503 498 United Kingdom: +44 20 3535 0624 United States: +1 (646) 982-0002
Time: 4:00-5:00pm ET
|Chair||Rob Hausam||Scribe||Øyvind Aassve|
|Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting LLC|
|Linda Bird||SNOMED International|
|Yongsheng Gao||SNOMED International|
|Peter Jordan||HL7 New Zealand|
|Øyvind Aassve||Norwegian Directorate of e-health|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Minutes (as available)
- Still need to make progress on this. Will post minutes on Wiki. The project group minutes should not require a formal vote for approval
- Suggest post to the Wiki and send a notification to the list and allow folks to update/correct (or suggest updates/corrections) as needed?
- Review action items (send any updates in advance!)
- Review and update TermInfo PSS
- Update TermInfo Wiki and HL7 TermInfo project site information
- Initial discussion/review of reasoning across FHIR and SNOMED CT using OWL
"Tutorial" on blending FHIR and RDF from Harold Solbrig
- Continue FHIR SNOMED CT Model Meaning Binding and Value Set Review
- The "Using SNOMED CT with HL7 FHIR Resources" document was distributed on Feb. 13
- Further review or answer questions regarding FHIR IG publishing process and tools (if time permitting)
Initial discussion/review of reasoning across FHIR and SNOMED CT using OWL
- Rob presented "Tutorial" on blending FHIR and RDF in Protégé. Work from RDF group by Harold Solbrig. Mechanisms for crossing the information model and terminology. Agreement this is very interesting, and an approach that could facilitate "computable TermInfo".
Questions: How have FHIR resources been bound to the SCT condept model? The translation from creating OWL from SNOMED is not based on IHTSDOs Pearl-script.
Contunued discussion on document "Using SNOMED CT with HL7 FHIR Resources" - Condtion resource
- Condition resource/ manifestation or symptom. Is not fully compatible with the SCT concept model. Value set is all of descendents of Clinical Finding – should remove some subhierachies.
- Body site value – expansion of anatomical structure. Should cell structure be included? In almost all use cases that would not be relevant. Body structure can be precoordinated into the condition itself > semantic overlap. > use of RDF for crossover.
HL7 value sets in the Condition resource that should be considered converted to SCT:
- Condition category. Definition of category. Clinical finding or disorder or findings? Ex preganancy? This field is not useful unless it restricts the Category across the board in FHIR – simple set of category values to do something with the data (without even understanding the code itself) you can still figure out what to do with the data – bucket. They are however treated in different ways. This one is CodeableConcept.
- Problem-list-item/ encounter diagnosis
- Clincal status and verification status also not using SNOMED CT.
How can we maintain terminology binding over time? SCT term amended to FHIR – how to make this formal and maintainable. Terminfo artefact?
Should we extend the call 90 min?