2017-01-15 SGB WGM Agenda

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location: Llano

Date: 2017-01-15
Time: 1:45 PM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Mary Kay McDaniel
x Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Grahame Grieve
x Mario Hyland
Quorum: Chair + 4”

Agenda

  • Agenda review
    • Joint SGB/ARB
  • Discussion Topics
    • SAIF implementation
    • Items related to CDA mgmt group - review structure for governance, mgmt, methodology, vocabulary across families, incorporating separation of concerns
    • Differentiation of groups that develop standards and those that don't. Discussion over resurrecting SIGs and UGs. Could also create something new under a new name to represent those groups.
    • Separation of concerns relating to holding chair position across methodology, management, and governance groups. (Need to consider exceptions for very small product families.) Some product families will have managers and some won't.
    • Look at generic role of product manager as it is described in the BAM


Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Joint SGB/ARB
  • Discussion Topics
    • Election of new co-chair
      • MOTION to elect Austin as a co-chair of SGB: Paul/Rik
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • Also need to recruit candidate for provider role on SGB
    • Items related to CDA mgmt group - review structure for governance, mgmt, methodology, vocabulary across families, incorporating separation of concerns
      • Reviewed current version of CDA mgmt group M&C, specifically the structure section. Discussed differences/similarities to how FMG is structured. Made appropriate updates to document. Discussion over ideal size of group as well as representation.
      • Reviewed notes from PLA to SGB on principles and quality plans. Lorraine suggests going back to review the chartered duties to the BAM.
      • Meeting on Monday in Structured Docs to review what their role will be in the CDA product family
    • Separation of concerns relating to holding chair position across methodology, management, and governance groups. (Need to consider exceptions for very small product families.) Some product families will have managers and some won't.
      • ACTION: Add to FHIR
    • Crossover between product lines – Grahame Grieve
      • Grahame is concerned about the previous decision that the publisher of the artifact owns it; more things will be rendered in FHIR tooling as a natural course of events. The idea that it is rendered through FHIR publication tooling makes it the responsibility of FHIR is not a good place to end up. For example, we could publish V2 in FHIR tooling but it’s still V2 messaging. Paul describes the issue with CDA on FHIR and Grahame agrees that it makes sense in that instance. Potential things in the future that could be tricky to define. 1) Clarify what product management group is responsible for the material, and 2) when a WG produces material that crosses, we need to communicate ownership on the PSS.
        • ACTION: Anne to add drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities to Friday SGB agenda
  • Guest arrives: Alexander Mense, HL7 Austria
  • Grahame notes product director job description for FHIR Is now posted. One role is to liaise with management group around publication. Raises question about product management vs. standards management and how it relates to the business function. Business aspect is not currently covered and should be addressed.
    • Differentiation of groups that develop standards and those that don't. Discussion over resurrecting SIGs and UGs. Could also create something new under a new name to represent those groups.
      • ACTION: Put in parking lot
    • Look at generic role of product director as it is described in the BAM
      • Reviewed the FHIR Product Director (PD) Position Description that was posted on the FHIR wiki.
        • Noted that the internal role section states that the PD participates as a member of the FGB and FMG. Question over the previous decision that the PD should participate on FMG and the CTO be the representative to FGB, but that is not reflected here. Discussion over whether or not FGB should continue to exist as the FHIR-specific issues are being handled by the PD.
        • Point 3 on internal role section: group agrees that is not a general product director role/responsibility
        • ACTION: Group should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
  • Adjourned at 3:00 pm Central




© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved