2017-01-04 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-01-04
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-12-14 SGB Conference Call
  • Action Items:
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
    • Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
    • Wayne to take problem to PIC: Recommending that co-chairs "read the GOM" is not a successful approach to keep people appraised of our rules.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Calvin's term
    • Continue SGB risks document/glossary of terms
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Minutes

  • Item from last time regarding changing ballot level - a number of instances are going on now. Should be making the decision before it is approved. Clear examples where that has happened as well. There isn't a way for us to tell at TSC or SD if resources are mature enough. Calvin: Shouldn't that happen at the management level? Paul: Discussed one at TSC that got by. So what do we do when we discover it mid way? Lorraine: IGs at a higher level than the base standard is something we need to address sooner than later.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to WGM agenda
  • MOTION to approve minutes from last week: Austin/Calvin
  • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items:
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
      • Add for next week
    • Wayne to take problem to PIC: Recommending that co-chairs "read the GOM" is not a successful approach to keep people appraised of our rules.
      • Add for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Calvin's term
      • Calvin is willing to serve another year (through September of 2017). Discussion over whether or not we should keep the September. Discussion over terms and roles. Could bring in somebody as a new co-chair. Calvin was originally selected to represent provider perspective - may want to look at someone else to represent that community. Calvin is comfortable staying on as ex officio. Need to renew the other people too if they're willing, or ask half to be reappointed for two years. Also need to recruit replacement for Calvin's previous role and then vote in a new cochair. Minutes from September 2015 should clarify original intention of terms.
      • ACTION: Wayne will make a motion to the TSC
      • ACTION: Anne to add vote to WGM for cochair
  • WGM agenda:
    • Sunday is joint with ARB
      • SAIF implementation
      • Items related to CDA mgmt group - review structure for governance, mgmt, methodology, vocabulary across families, incorporating separation of concerns
      • Differentiation of groups that develop standards and those that don't. Discussion over resurrecting SIGs and UGs. Could also create something new under a new name to represent those groups.
      • Separation of concerns relating to holding chair position across methodology, management, and governance groups. (Need to consider exceptions for very small product families.) Some product families will have managers and some won't.
      • Look at generic role of product manager as it is described in the BAM
    • Friday
      • Vocabulary precepts
      • General precepts
      • Levels of standards
      • Separation of concerns
      • Ownership of content
      • Issues from the week
  • Parking Lot
    • Continue SGB risks document/glossary of terms
    • HL7 Glossary
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved