20161018 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes
- Continue Mission & Charter update
- SGB - separation of concerns
- SGB - ISM document
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Constable, Lorraine||Note taker(s)||Stechishin, Andy|
|X||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|R||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Knapp, Paul||Pknapp Consulting|
|X||Kubick, Wayne||HL7 CTO|
|X||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|X||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|X||Stechishin,Andy||CANA Software and Service Ltd.|
|Quorum Requirements (Co-chair + 3) Met: Yes|
- Call to Order
- 4:05 ET
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Motion to approve: Andy Stechishin / Paul Knapp
- Against: 0 Abstain: 0 In Favour 6
- Upcoming topics:
- Goals and Priorities
- Separation of Concerns
- Last discussed in SGB in Baltimore
- BAM defines approach to Separation of Concerns between Governance, Management and Methodology
- Andy B - have two concepts : separation of architectural perspectives to ensure appropriate balance of perspectives
- second is the checks and balances in governance and management duties
- Important in context of organizational simplification
- Zoran: definition of Separation of Concerns is fundamental principle of design whether in architecture or governance framework roles. This is defined as an architectural principle in the BAM
- Paul: in SGB we defined SoC as a risk management strategy, as part of checks and balances. Give a few a examples.
- Operationally we separate governance, management and methodology. We separate between those that define things and those that use the definitions to create other artifacts. Allows checks and balances
- to ensure we do the job correctly and creates pools of expertise / specialists. Assist with maintenance of consistent and efficient work.
- Andy B - separation of concerns has a series of validation points where perspectives / concerns touch and ensure that different concerns have ways of working together. Paul with discuss with SGB
- Paul to draft a statement for TSC and then review. Team to review by email over the weekend - preference to present to TSC on Monday, but if issues are noted we will hold for a conference call.
- SGB Precept definitions
- Looking to define common precepts and principles that can be shared across the organization
- Coming at it from two angles - started working with HTA as they needed assistance on the material they are developing around terminology precepts
- Also coming at if from top down based on requirements of the organization and stakeholders
- One important criteria is ANSI accreditation. Came up in the context of reviewing our approach to ballot. Karen reviewed the ANSI requirements around normative ballots. For every thing else, you must have
- rules and processes and must follow them. The GOM was separated from Essential Requirements to isolate the material ANSI reviews.
- Joint ISM effort
- not at a level where it can be functionally applied
- had a presentation by Giorgio at TSC Thursday Q0 on International Patient Summary between CEN and HL7 - they used the ISM to document where effort existed and where the gaps were.
- Need to be able to achieve that end goal. Discussed that a different level of material is needed for domain committees than for management and governance groups.
- This has been a challenge for SAIF all along - domain committees need implementation guidance.
- SGB will pull together content and schedule another joint call. Goal to have material to review in San Antonio in joint SGB / ArB session on Sunday. Examples will be important to aid understanding and demonstrate value.
- Suggestion to take artifacts from Project Scope Statement and map them to the ISM.
- Priorities for next cycle
- not discussed
- Upcoming topics:
- Adjournment at 4:55 PM Eastern