2016-08-24 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-08-24
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Regrets Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
Regrets Rik Smithies
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Minutes review of 2016-08-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Separation of Concerns (from Monday's TSC call)
    • Review of precepts document from FGB

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Agenda for Baltimore:
    • Joint meeting with FGB on Monday Q0
    • Sunday Q4 with ARB joining.
      • Will look at moving forward with SAIF materials and other joint topics.
      • Product Director discussion
      • Followup from Saturday TSC meeeting topics
    • Friday Q1 and Q2
      • Q1:
        • Separation of concerns/FGB precepts document
        • Risks from the top down and HTA risks
          • Definition and value
          • As it applies to artifacts
          • As it applies to personnel
      • Part of Q2 with HTA
  • Minutes review of 2016-08-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Separation of Concerns (from Monday's TSC call)
      • Issue: where is separation of concerns important and where is it less of a concern. Paul: Should look at definition in the BAM and perhaps clarify and embellish the definition. Lorraine: Might be better defined in the SAIF CD. Calvin: Do we need to have at least a nominal reference to the benefits that are derived from it? Should have something that speaks to the generalized perceived benefit vs. the costs. How do we map it into the organization?
    • Review of precepts document from FGB
      • Calvin gives an overview of the document. Most of it could be generalized to any product family. Idea was that SGB could apply it more generally to the organization. Some things may need to be recast or updated based on current events (formation of FHIR-I, etc.). Decision to review as part of separation of concerns in Q1 on Friday in Baltimore. Calvin: what do we want to accomplish with the precepts document? Paul: We can come out of the discussion with a detailing of the scope and the areas within the scope that need to be addressed and assign people to work on the bits and pieces. Discussion over how to prioritize - idea to identify top 3. Wayne states this document is good because it will help us explain our organization and its guiding principles to outsiders. What matter, why it matters, and what we're doing about it. Lorraine mentions that years ago Charlie presented something to Structured Documents regarding separation of concerns .
        • ACTION: Calvin/Lorraine to look for document
        • ACTION: Lorraine/Tony to take separation of concern issue to ARB
    • Paul: Is FGB addressing many questions that are FHIR-specific that you wouldn't expect to come up in other groups? Lorraine: FHIR-specific topics are more management things than governance. There are some things that are FHIR-specific, particularly as we get into stuff like FHIR.org. There are a bunch of things that should be governance things that get handled at a different level, particularly around FHIR.org, FHIR Foundation, relationships to other projects. Lorraine states that FHIR-specific issues are being handled by the product director. Paul: Expectation was that we would eventually fold FGB in to SGB - question is when?
        • ACTION: Lorraine/Calvin to monitor FGB activities over the upcoming weeks to determine if things come up which are FHIR specific. Calvin volunteers to go through the minutes as well.
  • Lorraine out next week. Paul and Russ out 9/7; cancel.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved