2016-08-11 Patient Care FHIR Call
|Patient Care FHIR Resources Conference Call
Location: Conference Call
Time: 5-6:30pm ET
|Facilitator||Michelle M Miller||Note taker(s)||Michelle M Miller|
|X||Elaine Ayres||NIH/Department of Clinical Research Informatics|
|Eric Haas||Haas Consulting|
|X||Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting LLC|
|Laura Heermann-Langford||Intermountain Healthcare|
|X||Tony Little||Optum 360|
|Jay Lyle||Ockham Information Services LLC, VA|
|Jim McClay||Univ of Nebraska Medical Center|
|Russell McDonell||Telstra Health|
|Lloyd McKenzie||Gevity (HL7 Canada)|
|X||Michelle M Miller||Cerner|
|Lisa Nelson||Life Over Time Solutions|
|Viet Nguyen||Lockheed Martin, Systems Made Simple|
|Craig Parker||Intermountain Healthcare|
|Scott Robertson||Kaiser Permanente|
|Simon Sum||Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Iona Thraen||Dept of Veterans Affairs|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Agenda review
- Approve previous meeting minutes 2016-08-04_Patient_Care_FHIR_Call Motion: Elaine/Stephen
- CarePlan Listserv Question
- STU3 Recap
- Prior Action Item Follow-up
- gForge change request
STU 3 Timeline
- Wed, June 1
- All resource and IG proposals for STU3 have been completed, reviewed by WG and submitted
- Connectathon tracks for Sept have been proposed
- Feedback on gForge submitted to FMG
- Sun, July 17 - Substantive content freeze for ballot -- core resources
- Sun, July 24 - Total content freeze, start of QA
- Wed, Aug 10 (midnight) - All QA changes applied
- Fri, Aug 12 - FHIR ballot opens
- Fri, Sept 12 - FHIR ballot closes
- Fri, Sept 16 - FHIR triage complete and ballot content loaded to gForge (or alternate)
- Sept 17-23 - Baltimore WGM
- Sun, Dec 11
- Reconciliation complete/substantive changes applied
- Just over 10 weeks
- Will re-evaluate at Baltimore based on volume of ballot comments
- Dec 31 - Publish
FHIR Maturity Levels
- Level 3 requires the artifact has been verified by the work group as meeting the DSTU_2_QA_guidelines and has been subject to a round of formal balloting; has at least 10 implementer comments recorded in the tracker drawn from at least 3 organizations resulting in at least one substantive change
- Substantive changes (element names, sort order, vocabulary bindings, etc.) need to be applied by ballot freeze (Aug 10).
- Unapplied QA checklist changes can be logged as ballot issues to be applied Sept-Dec. Substantive changes after ballot should be driven by ballot.
- Non-substantive changes are fine
- Level 2 requires artifact has been tested and successfully exchanged between at least three independently developed systems leveraging at least 80% of the core data elements using semi-realistic data and scenarios based on at least one of the declared scopes of the resource (e.g. at a connectathon). These interoperability results must have been reported to and accepted by the FMG.
||Current FMM Level||Goal FMM Level||QA Status||QA Reviewer||Implementation||Comments|
|QuestionnaireResponse||2||2||Lloyd||Lloyd will QA to get to level 3|
|Questionnaire||0||2||Lloyd||Lloyd will QA to get to level 3|
|CareTeam||0||2||NA||NA||Aggressive goal (e.g. whether we'll get the implementations needed)|
|FamilyMemberHistory||1||2||NA||NA||Aggressive goal (e.g. whether we'll get the implementations needed)|
Note: Bold denotes top 20 resource based on survey
Note: Contraindication and Risk Assessment are owned by CDS, not Patient Care
CarePlan Listserv Topic
http://lists.hl7.org/read/messages?id=299868 asked about how to link goals to referenced care plan activities.
Michelle Miller will respond as this was previously discussed as part of gForge http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9856
Focus on key resources: allergy and intolerance, procedure, condition and care plan. Lloyd focused on Questionnaire and Questionnaire Response.
Melva Peters helped with changes and QA.
Prior Action Item Follow-up
gForge Change Requests
gForge 8872: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8872
Update symptom definition in category value set: "A physical or mental feature that might be mentioned in a review of systems or a history and physical, which could support or lead to a diagnosis."
Update boundaries as follows:
"This resource is not to be used to record information about subjective and objective information that might lead to the recording of a Condition. Such signs and symptoms that are typically captured using the Observation resource; although in some cases a persistent symptom, e.g. fever, headache may be captured as a condition before a definitive diagnosis can be discerned by a clinician.
Use Observation when a symptom is resolved without long term management, tracking, or when a symptom contributes to the establishment of a condition.
Use Condition when a symptom requires long term management, tracking, or is used as a proxy for a diagnosis or problem that is not yet determined."
Negated conditions are addressed as part of gForge 8749.
Adjourned at 6:36 PM Eastern.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.