2016-07-21 Patient Care FHIR Call
|Patient Care FHIR Resources Conference Call
Location: Conference Call
Time: 5-6:30pm ET
|Facilitator||Elaine Ayres||Note taker(s)||Elaine Ayres|
|X||Elaine Ayres||NIH/Department of Clinical Research Informatics|
|Eric Haas||Haas Consulting|
|X||Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting LLC|
|X||Laura Heermann-Langford||Intermountain Healthcare|
|Jay Lyle||Ockham Information Services LLC, VA|
|Jim McClay||Univ of Nebraska Medical Center|
|Russell McDonell||Telstra Health|
|X||Lloyd McKenzie||Gevity (HL7 Canada)|
|Michelle M Miller||Cerner|
|Lisa Nelson||Life Over Time Solutions|
|X||Viet Nguyen||Lockheed Martin, Systems Made Simple|
|Craig Parker||Intermountain Healthcare|
|Scott Robertson||Kaiser Permanente|
|X||Simon Sum||Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Iona Thraen||Dept of Veterans Affairs|
|X||Tony Little||Optum/United Health Group|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Agenda review
- Approve previous meeting minutes 2016-07-14_Patient_Care_FHIR_Call
- Motion: Rob/Stephen
- Prior Action Item Follow-up
- gForge change request
STU 3 Timeline
- Wed, June 1
- All resource and IG proposals for STU3 have been completed, reviewed by WG and submitted
- Connectathon tracks for Sept have been proposed
- Feedback on gForge submitted to FMG
- Sun, July 17 - Substantive content freeze for ballot -- core resources
- Sun, July 24 - Total content freeze, start of QA
- Wed, Aug 10 (midnight) - All QA changes applied
- Fri, Aug 12 - FHIR ballot opens
- Fri, Sept 12 - FHIR ballot closes
- Fri, Sept 16 - FHIR triage complete and ballot content loaded to gForge (or alternate)
- Sept 17-23 - Baltimore WGM
- Sun, Dec 11
- Reconciliation complete/substantive changes applied
- Just over 10 weeks
- Will re-evaluate at Baltimore based on volume of ballot comments
- Dec 31 - Publish
FHIR Maturity Levels
- Level 3 requires the artifact has been verified by the work group as meeting the DSTU_2_QA_guidelines and has been subject to a round of formal balloting; has at least 10 implementer comments recorded in the tracker drawn from at least 3 organizations resulting in at least one substantive change
- Substantive changes (element names, sort order, vocabulary bindings, etc.) need to be applied by ballot freeze (Aug 10).
- Unapplied QA checklist changes can be logged as ballot issues to be applied Sept-Dec. Substantive changes after ballot should be driven by ballot.
- Non-substantive changes are fine
- Level 2 requires artifact has been tested and successfully exchanged between at least three independently developed systems leveraging at least 80% of the core data elements using semi-realistic data and scenarios based on at least one of the declared scopes of the resource (e.g. at a connectathon). These interoperability results must have been reported to and accepted by the FMG.
||Current FMM Level||Goal FMM Level||QA Status||QA Reviewer||Implementation||Comments|
|QuestionnaireResponse||2||2||Lloyd||Lloyd will QA to get to level 3|
|Questionnaire||0||2||Lloyd||Lloyd will QA to get to level 3|
|CareTeam||0||2||NA||NA||Aggressive goal (e.g. whether we'll get the implementations needed)|
|FamilyMemberHistory||1||2||NA||NA||Aggressive goal (e.g. whether we'll get the implementations needed)|
Note: Bold denotes top 20 resource based on survey
Note: Contraindication and Risk Assessment are owned by CDS, not Patient Care
Prior Action Item Follow-up
gForge Change Requests
Group focused on requests related to allergy and intolerance, condition, care plan and procedure in preparation for the upcoming ballot.
Allergy and Intolerance
- GFORGE 10358 resolved. (Rename substance to code) http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10358&start=0
- GFORGE 10380 resolved. (Editorial changes to A and I) http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10380&start=0
- GFORGE 9692: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=9692&start=0 Closed and resolved through GFORGE 10358: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10358&start=0
The group reviewed to GFORGE items for allergy and intolerance submitted by the Netherlands. These were forwarded to Russ Leftwich and Michael Tan for review and comment.
- GFORGE 10369: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10369&start=0
- GFORGE 10262: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10262&start=0
- GFORGE 10385: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10385&start=0 awaiting input from the submitter
- GFORGE 10090: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10090&start=0 -- asked Michelle Miller to provide the added text as per her request.
- GFORGE 10091: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10091&start=0 engendered much discussion. The request by Michelle Miller is to evaluate Condition.category value set - consider changing to SNOMED (QA #4a). The value set associated with Condition.category currently has an HL7-based value set. FHIR QA suggests that codeable concept value sets should utilize standard terminologies.
The group came to the following resolution: change category from CodeableConcept to code using the same four categories e.g. complaint | symptom | finding | diagnosis Binding strength should be required, not preferred. However, rather than make the change, the group decided that this proposal should be added to the condition resource as "notes to balloters" and then ballot comments revisited. The issue is that there may be more variability in codes than is possible with the existing codes. Elaine will add a new GFORGE for "notes to balloters". Note that GFORGE 10091 remains open until after the current ballot.
- Note that GFORGE #10404 at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=10404&start=0 contains the request for STU language in the condition resource.
Adjourned at 6:45 PM ET
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.