2016-01-14 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: WGM Minutes > 2016 > January Orlando

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - January 14, 2016

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Winter Park Room 49

Date: 2016-01-14
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Vadim Peretokin NEHTA
X Jim Whicker Cognosante
X Dominik Bremman Patient Care Work Group
X Alexander Henket NICTIZ, The Netherlands
X John Roberts PHER Work Group
X Chad Albert Infor, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Welcome/introductions

  • HAVE Project/TEP

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
Congratulations to Line and Brian for their election as co-chairs for an additional term

HAVE/TEP

John Roberts reported that he spoke to the group about the board’s view of this sort of work. They are examining all standards to be handled consistently. The HAVE specification is one of these. Any work having to do with this, will probably be held up upon the decision of the board.

DEEDS (Data Elements for Emergency Department Systems)

The Emergency Care representative reviewed the elements as there is an effort to map the DEEDS correctly based on the work that PA has done.
The WG raised the question of what model is this effort for since CDA was listed in the mapping document. After much discussion, it appears that the German representative from the Emergency Care WG is attempting to taking their CDA implementation and globalizing those efforts. In the end, PA recommends that the presenter approach the Structured Documents work group for their efforts.

Allergies

Having finished the official order of business, the WG entertained Alexander H.’s needs for a project he is working on. In looking at the specifications for his needs of a Lab to Lab project, he noted that there were some segments that were of interest in this area: AL1 segment and the IAM segment. These refer to the allergies. After analysis it seems that the AL1 segment was a “snapshot” of an allergy but the IAM segment seems to track the allergy over time.

Either way, the need for his project is an element that speaks to the certainty of the allergy. If there is an element to be added, where should it be added?

After some discussion, Alexander H will return to his project stakeholders to let them know that the certainty requirement is out of scope.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action:
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Winter Park Room 49

Date: 2016-01-14
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Brian Postlethwaite Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Erin Murphy Cognosante
X MaryKay McDaniel Congosante
X Eivind Kristiansen HL7 Norway
X Jim Whicker Cognosante
X Raheen Daya McKesson
X Lisa Doerr McKesson
X Paul Knapp HL7 Canada
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair +2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR – Patient Administration and Financial Management joint resources

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
Joint with Financial Management

The two workgroups discussed the joint resources that are being worked on. This seems to encompass a proposed “Account” and “BillibleItem” resources. Before moving forward, there seemed to be a need to discuss the overall billing process.
The WG presented the association diagram between the FM resources and the PA resources.

Coverage and related resources

This was updated to include invoice and the associations related to that new class.
Many permutations of the financial workflow were discussed. However, it appears that the resource designations support the various financial workflows discussed.
The WG then continue on to review the coverage resource.
After much discussion, it appears that perhaps the idea that PA had to include the concept of Guarantor within the Coverage is not the best for the workflow. Therefore, the joint groups continued to explore the coverage as relating to insurance information. This means that relatedperson and patient will be removed from payor.

The WG agreed that there should be a joint session for the May WGM, but Paul and Brian have agreed to work in between on telecons or emails regarding Coverage and Accounts.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action:
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Winter Park Room 49

Date: 2016-01-14
Time: Thursday Q3|-
Facilitator Brian Postlethwaite Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Toril Reite HL7 Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Michelle Miller Cerner, USA
X Frank Noge Infor, USA
X Rusell McDonell Telstra Health, USA
X Richard Kavanaugh HSCIC (NHS), U.K.
X Simon Knee HSCIC (NHS), U.K.
X Inger H. Storeivedt-Khateeb HL7 Norway
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR – Joint with Patient Care

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions

FHIR Ballot Recon
gForge Tracker 9261 – Make CareTeam its own first class resource
If the care teams was taking out into a firs level resource, how would you diffentiate between one against the other? This would be taken care of with one of the standard elements such as type or category.
The issue was raised regarding being able to link to the patient through the care team resource if it is pulled out as a separate resource.
After discussing the member element and the need to be able to designate a group as a set of doctors who might be part of this care team, it was noted that this could be a specialization of group. It seems that Group might be able to support the care team concept with the addition of care team type. Period would be added.
Irma moved to send the following idea to the Patient Care work group extract the CareTeam component from Episode OfCare and Careplane to create a new resource called CareTeam which will be referenced by both resources.
Michelle seconded
Discussion: This will have the following concepts as elements: identifierCategory/Type, Name, Patient, Period, participant.member (practitioner/organization, relatedPerson, patient, group), Participant, participant.role, Participant.period. This may be considered to be done as a profile on the Group resource.
Vote: 9/0/0

9267 - ppointment/AppointmentResponse participant status valueset values are inconsistent
AppointmentResource
Please provide some sample data for this scenario and what value sets you bind to service category, serviceType and Specialty. We would like to consider if the service category should be moved into the structure also and have a 1..1 cardinatily.

Tracker item 8411 – Healthcare service type
<<use cases for appointments.docx>> After discussing the appointment uses cases, Brian came up with the idea of having a mechanism to split the appointment type into administrative appointment type and service type
The Appointment.type field is confusing 2 concepts: an administrative type and a service type.
Irma moves to separate the appointment.type property into 2 separate properties:
Appointment.AppointmentType (codeable concept) 0..1
Appointment.ServiceType (codeable concept) 0..*

The WG announced the telecons for Mondays.
FMG – What would be the preferred release? The group did not seem to have a need for v.2.1 release and seem to be leaning towards a 3.0 release in Sept.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Winter Park Room 49

Date: 2016-01-14
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket NICTIZ, The Netherlands
X Jose Costa Ieixeira IHE
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Wrap up
  2. Approve next ballot
  3. FHIR Planning
  4. Address PBX matrix
  5. Work Group Health
  6. 3 year work plan
  7. Address the draft agenda for May
  8. Approve the minutes from Atlanta (cont. from Monday)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
Operationes management
Jose presented OpenMedicne project. The idea of the project is that since they know that they have no shared identifiers across borders. This holds true for names, true identifiers, etc.
This project’s scope is to define what it is that needs to be known to identify these in a shared way. One key will be the ISO standard Identification of Medical Products (IDMP). Shared semantics and shared number.

At this point, the WG Reviewed the Atlanta minutes Alex d moves to approve the content of the Atlanta minutes. Alexander H seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote: 2/0/0
Action: Alex to search for and update the attendance sheets if possible.
Nothing to approve for next ballot
FHIR Planning
Updates Account resource and ballot comment resolution updates for DSTU2, specifically for Scheduling resources and Encounter and Location, HealthcareService, Organization to allow testing within the connectathon in May.
Potentially create new BillableItem resource. If so create new FHIR Resource Proposal.
Updates to warnings upgraded to errors within the FHIR QA build process.
Updates to Coverage to support shared interests of PA and FM.
Action Paul and Brian will work together to prepare a proposal to discuss in upcoming PA telecons. Joint session will also be schedule for next WGM to complete this.

3-year work plan
The group hid the plan items that seem to have been completed.
Alex moves to remove the N value and description from table 0433. Christian seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote: 3/0/0
Action: Communicate to the v2 project to remove the N value and description from table 0433. Alex
Action Item: (Alex/Wendy) Contact CGIT co-chairs, and Brian Pech from publishing and Tony Julian from INM to see if this is possible to update this table 452 as noted above.

Same for tables 453, 454. Also contact Heather Grain on the HTA. If approved, then the PAWG would like to change the table to user-defined, remove suggested values and reference the appropriate level of the ANSI ASC X12 Health Care Provider by table.
Action item: Follow up with Wendy on action items.
The rest of the 3 year work plan was updated to reflect the current work forward (above).

The WG moved on to Address the remaining planning items:
Draft Agenda for May – has been put on the wiki
The PBS metrics – PA has most items in green. The WG reviewed the “report card” which shows only one item: Realtime Location Tracking.
Motion to adjourn by Line, seconded by Alexander H. at 4:55PM.
Discussion: None
Vote: 3/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.