20150527 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes


(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-05-27
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
. Brian Scheller


  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150422_FMG_concall
  • Minutes from 20150511_FMG_WGM
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David to draft request for feedback from implementers on implementation guides
      • Get feedback on feasibility of proposed publishing timeline
      • Develop timeline for 2.1 release to get work in good shape before Connectathon
      • Lloyd to send note of thanks to WGs
  • Project Review:
    • eCQM
    • FHIR-based CDS
    • Clinical Genomics
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)


  • MOTION by Hans to approve agenda; Brian Pech seconds. VOTE: No objections/abstentions. Approved.
  • 4/22 minutes: MOTION by John M to approve; second by Brian Pech. VOTE: No objections/abstentions. Approved.
  • 5/10 and 5/11 minutes: MOTION by Brian Pech to approve; second by Hans. No objections/abstentions. Approved.
  • Action items:
    • David will report next week.
    • Timeline: awaiting further feedback. OO’s position has been registered; they have concerns on not having enough time. Paul has concerns regarding volume of QA work. Lloyd will poke the committers list again for further opinions for review on next week’s call.
    • 2.1 timeline is driven in part by timeline by 2.0. Paul states he thought it wouldn’t be 2.1. Lloyd states that committers feel it is clearer than calling it 3.0. Paul will raise numbering rules on next TSC call so we avoid discord.
    • Lloyd thanked WGs and will send an email to that effect as well.
  • For next week: 1) review and vet maturity model and 2) FHIR messaging channel and publicizing it (will be using InM) 3) FHIR registry
  • PSS review:
    • eCQM: some discussion over timeline. For clarification: 1) They need to be informed that if their IG is dependent on DSTU 2 content, there may be a challenge due to DSTU 2 potentially not being published on time (by end of July) for their stated timing. 2) Confirm that they intend to publish this as a separate IG rather than as part of the FHIR core spec. MOTION by Hans to approve with the caveats stated; Paul seconds. VOTE: No objections/abstentions; approved.
    • FHIR-based CDS: Lloyd comments that some aspects of this feel like they should be part of the base FHIR spec. Hans has concerns about the vMR references – which vMR is it? Lloyd asks if others feel that it should be part of the core spec (aside from vMR pieces)? Discussion over SOA involvement being constrained to services as opposed to content model. Lloyd states we should: 1) request that SOA be added as a cosponsor to this so groups are doing the work in parallel; 2) tie IHE efforts in through asking HSI to be a cosponsor; 3) as this is a non-realm specific IG, it can’t stand on top of vMR or other realm-specific specifications. MOTION by Hans to approve contingent upon requested changes including 1) inviting SOA and HSI to be cosponsors and 2) that the work is made independent of vMR or any other realm-specific specifications. Second by Paul. VOTE: None opposed/abstained. Approved by all.
  • Call adjourned at 5:31 pm.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • David to draft request for feedback from implementers on implementation guides
  • Lloyd to address the issue of the volume of QA work with committers in terms of 2.1 timeline
  • Paul to discuss numbering rules (2.1 vs 3) on upcoming TSC call
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150603 FMG concall

Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International