This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20150514 FGB WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC Joint FGB and FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Administration Office

Date: 2015-05-14
Time: 3:35pm-5:07pm
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie : Scribe: Dave Shaver

Attendees

  • Hans Buitendijk Cerner Corporation
  • Lorraine Constable HL7 Canada
  • Grahame Grieve Health Intersections Pty Ltd
  • David Hay HL7 New Zealand
  • Paul Knapp Knapp Consulting Inc.
  • Ewout Kramer HL7 Netherlands
  • Cecil Lynch Accenture
  • Joshua Mandel Boston Children's Hospital
  • Mary Kay McDaniel Cognosante, LLC
  • Lloyd McKenzie Gevity (HL7 Canada)
  • Tim McNeil Surescripts
  • John Moehrke GE Healthcare
  • Brian Postlethwaite HEALTH CONNEX
  • Dave Shaver Corepoint Health
  • Kevin Shekleton
  • Marten Smits Furore

Agenda

  • 'Round table' updates
  • General discussion points

Minutes

Convened

3:35pm by Lloyd

General Updates

Grahame

New FHIR-Educators mailing list created for those using FHIR to teach healthcare informatics

Collaboration Update

  • Continuum
    • Brief update re: devices
  • Telecom
    • Services with secure, reliable, delayed, QoS-driven message/data delivery
    • Opportunity to meet with them re-REST semantics
  • IHE
    • Certification of IHE FHIR profiles; tooling needed; Gazelle use desired
    • Gazelle likely too heavyweight to use at connectathons
    • IHE can help beef-up tooling
    • Atlanta test-run for terminology server certification; real certification likely to follow at next meeting

John

  • Single consent resource approved

Ewout

  • Connectathons: Future focus on testing use cases with multiple work flows and actors

Lloyd

  • ArcRIM
    • They would like to try a trail of a data model
    • They might map existing content onto FHIR; expect deeper feedback on existing resources; may require new resources.

Paul

  • US Realm Task Force has gone through charter process and is now a Board Committee
    • Goal is to have them own US-centric vocabularies

David

  • Clinical connection tooling well received

General Discussions

FHIR Maturity Model

  • More concrete focus by content committees on connectathon
  • Result is likely more streams at connectathons
    • e.g., scheduling, appointments, work flow, providence, security, devices
    • Room size in Atlanta will likely drive choices
    • The ability to have stream coordinators/core team focus also drives scaling of stream count

Out-of-cycle connectathons

Each mentioned in brief

  • Australia
  • Korea
  • Cleveland
  • Kenya

Ballots

Feedback due by end of May. We can't publish until we've acted on all ballot comments. One possible action is to defer to future consideration.

Must reach 60% affirmative.

Early feedback:

  • Hans
    • OO: Observation at the top of list for comments.
    • By end-of-July, challenging time frames
    • One hour per week dedicated to FHIR discussions; throttled by time to make decisions
  • Lloyd
    • Likely OK: Rx, PA, Sec, CCDO, II, Clinical Genomics, IHE (in SD)
  • Paul
    • FM: Unclear without block votes to defer

Ballot Reconciliation

  • Grahame: gForge work flow starting with 'who made the comment' does not work well; must revert to spreadsheet
  • Hans: Some items require multiple motions; difficult to record in gForge
  • Paul/Grahame: Combined issues between network drop off and gForge slow less was an issue
  • Lloyd: Exposing submitting likely a strong help?
  • Loraine: Risk points. Centralized authentication.
  • Lloyd: Will gather input to drive gForge replacement project; continued discussions over next two weeks

Planning for Atlanta

  • Lloyd will manage work group registrations
  • FGB: Q0 on Monday as Plenary will be on-going
  • Goals:
    • We will have completed publication of DSTU 2.0 (due by end-of-July or at least "summer 2015")
    • Content creation on-going for DSTU 2.1 (maybe to be named 3.0)
    • Do we need a 1/2 day virtual meeting in August? Alternative is active email discussion.
    • Monday Q3/Q4: Very big room for work flow request/response management. (OO, MM, Rx, SOA, InM, FM, FHIR, PA, Patient Care, etc). Hans to request room.

August 10-11; joint CIMI and FHIR meeting

  • Day 1: Methodology / infrastructure meeting
    • How does content migrate automatically from CIMI into FHIR
  • Day 2: More open; clinical modeling engagement
    • How do we prepare for FHIR's trough of disillusionment?

Adjourned

5:07pm by Lloyd

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Hans to request 'big room' for Atlanta multi-WG meeting
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Next joint FMG/FGB face-to-face meeting in Atlanta


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.