20150510 FMG FGB WGM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|HL7 TSC FGB/FMG Meeting Minutes
Location: Apogee 7
Time: 12:30 PM
|Chair: Lloyd||Note taker(s): Anne|
|Regrets||George (Woody) Beeler||x||Lorraine Constable||x||Grahame Grieve||.||David Hay|
|.||Dave Shaver||x||Ewout Kramer||x||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)||x||Calvin Beebe|
|John Quinn||Cecil Lynch|
|FMG Co chairs||David Hay||Lloyd McKenzie|
|x||Hans Buitendijk||x||Brian Postlethwaite||x||Paul Knapp|
|x||Josh Mandel||x||John Moehrke||Brian Pech|
|observers/guests||x||Austin Kreisler||x||Ken McCaslin||x||Pat Van Dyke|
|x||Anne Wizauer, scribe|
- Roll Call
- ballot results and prioritization
- hot topics & objectives for the week
- meeting w/ product line architecture
- Lorraine calls the meeting to order at 12:45.
- Austin introduces the document regarding product family task force formation guidelines after SGB launch. The document was reviewed by TSC yesterday and some edits have been made for review today. Grahame states that it resolved the issues but after further consideration there are concerns that it doesn’t meet all of the requirements for product – will be fine for standards, but not for product. How does it relate to non-standards activity? Austin agrees that there are activities product families would be taking that are outside of standards development. Lloyd: my understanding is that there is a governance board; beneath that FHIR can have a governance task force that has to be justified on a yearly basis. Lorraine: should we take a look at the scope in the mission and charter to review non-standards activity? Grahame: yes, we need to know what the SGB does for the business. FHIR as a standard is a well-recognized model like CDA and V2, but each community has its own take on the other parts that exist beyond the standards. Paul: are those activities governance or management? Grahame: mostly management, but governance is involved. Austin: product management and product director is identified in the BAM but not in this process. Mary Kay: we need a roadmap for the business issue that has yet to be defined. What is it that we’re trying to solve? Lorraine: we needed to meet to make sure that we’re comfortable with the message at the co-chairs dinner – is that where we are? How will this fit with the mission and charter? It will be folded in once it is approved.
- Lloyd: this establishes where things are going in terms of FGB. Where are things at in terms of FHIR infrastructure WG? TSC has asked that the transition plan for the SGB be articulated before FIWG is approved. Lloyd states they aren’t related. Ken disagrees, stating that if you move one, you have to know how the relationships will be re-established in the new environment. Austin states it’s an entirely different WG. Ken: what governance group will manage them? We don’t have the structure in place to manage product families today. Hans: a different way of looking at it would be this: when you look at FHIR, most WGs are contributing. Everyone is impacted by that adjustment. FIWG would be content development. Lloyd: in terms of transition plan for new WG – it is the same as any other WG with interim co-chairs, is assigned work by FMG. It develops content under FTSD, no different than other WGs. MnM is the methodology group for FHIR. Ken would like to see a plan written up; Lloyd provided one and would like to see further detail.
- Review of Lloyd’s emailed document regarding FIWG. Paul: is there anything that won’t be contained in FMG, FIWG, FGB, and MnM? Is there anything orphaned? Lorraine mentions the tooling issues. Tooling responsibility is maintained by EST. Grahame states that things are unhomed but aren’t standards things. What are those things? Hans is concerned that we’re holding this process up for things that won’t be addressed by the new WG anyway.
- Lloyd states that they could bring forward a list of the orphans, although Grahame counters that it could be a difficult list to make by this afternoon. Ewout: if there are things we know about we should put them on this list. Lorraine: relationships with publishing and tooling, etc., we can clarify those.
- MOTION: Hans moves to approve Lloyd’s draft transition plan with the edit “by FMG/FGB/or successors.” Lloyd seconds. Grahame and Lloyd will work on creating list of orphans to bring to TSC this evening. VOTE: Abstained: 0 Opposed: 0 IN favor: All
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Management_Group