This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20150324 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2015-03-24
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee / Name
Regrets Calvin Beebe Woody Beeler Keith Boone
Joe Bormel x Lorraine Constable Johnathan Coleman
Julie Crouse John Feikema
x Ed Hammond x Tony Julian x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler Lynn Laakso x Ken McCaslin
x John Quinn x David Susanto Pat VanDyke
Visitor / Name
x Nathan Botts x Gora Datta
no quorum definition




  • Called to order at 1:06 pm
  • Nathan Botts is present to describe the approval item ‘HL7 Mobile Framework for healthcare Adoption of Short-Message Technologies (mFHAST). ‘ Austin wonders why the timeline only goes through draft for comment instead of DSTU which is the stated goal. Nathan states that is part of the phase 2; Austin suggests fleshing that out in the deliverables/target date section. Lorraine asks why it is US Realm if this is an issue in developing nations. Nathan states it will eventually be broader but will start in US Realm. Gora states they were told it had to come to US Realm even if it is universal. Ed states more detail is needed to determine how this is related to existing messages and has a lot of work to be done before it can become a DSTU. Lorraine states this will be intended to be a new product family, so we would want to walk through the process for evaluating and bringing in a new product family using the business architecture model – may need to go through ArB until our new governance board is up and running. Paul says there are three sides: content models, behavioral models, and transport. Need to involve InM and ITS. Lorraine: this will be a wonderful test case as we operationalize the BAM. Austin: have you gotten input from any other stakeholders other than the US? Nathan: we did preliminary reaching out and need to re-engage. Gora states affiliates such as India have expressed interest. Gora states they want to standardize into a paradigm resembling “the Morse code of health.” Ed: should this be US Realm or Universal? Recommends that they go back to work on the document and resubmit; Paul moves that it be universal and that they include other groups; Lorraine seconds with the amendment that they also obtain the advice of the Product Line Architecture group in terms of how you go about engaging the different groups required to create a new product family. Austin is concerned about collaboration with S&I Framework, which would make it a US Realm project after all. John Q. says it will be an International standard first based on outside discussions. John Q. offers to bring this up at the EC meeting to Chuck. Suggestion that they go to TSC for advice on who to go to as they stand up a new product family. Motion passes.
  • Project approval request for Public Health Case Report Update for PHER. Austin describes the project. Concern that it may not be relevant based on stage 3 RMPRM that came out Friday – section on case reporting talks about FHIR IG for structured data capture – very little on anything else. Heavily in favor of adopting FHIR standard as opposed to CDA-based standard. Austin to go back to WG with this concern – will talk to John about it this week.
  • Ed’s draft of US Realm Technical Management Group mission and charter: Austin is wondering about work products and contributions – should first bullet say US Realm Project Scope Statements? Should clarify that in the bullet. Question about the bullet on QA processes – Ed will take that out. Integration of all work items bullet – discussion over whether or not this group is responsible for that. Austin and Paul will work on an updated draft for review in two weeks (2015-04-07).
  • Paul bring up question on FHIR side – will new USRTF own artifacts? Ed suggests making that permissive with a review process. Will consider this as we develop the mission and charter. Discussion over race extension in FHIR and what WG owns that extension within HL7. Group generally agrees that USRTF should not own pieces of standards.
  • Call adjourned at 1:55 pm

Meeting Outcomes

  • Austin to go back to PHER with relevancy concerns on the Public Health Case Report Update PSS
  • Austin and Paul to work on updated mission and charter draft for review on 2015-04-07
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved