20150223 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-02-23
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
x Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
x John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Anne W., scribe


  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20150216 FGB concall
  • Review FHIR Ballot Process
  • Action Item review:
    • Schedule joint call with Ken
    • Follow up on ArB representation issue
    • Reach out to FGB members re: provider candidates
    • Review Lorraine's draft of precepts
    • Followup on HSI WG content ownership
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment


  • Convened at 4:07.
  • Addition to the agenda: Report from the TSC after minutes. Motion to approve by Lorraine; second by Lloyd. None opposed or abstained.
  • Minutes from 2/16 call. Motion to approve by Lorraine, Lloyd seconds. None opposed or abstained.
  • Guest Susan Campbell joins.
  • Report from TSC – TSC ratified Cecil as rep from ArB. Recommended changes to ballot process: TSC reiterated that we must follow existing process until new process is reviewed or approved. Co-chairs handbook demands that spreadsheets with comments must be attached to minutes as comments are dealt with. Groups not tracking resolutions in minutes and tracker consistently. Lloyd says what we’ve asked for is date, group meeting, mover and seconder, and vote. Votes must be recorded in the minutes, or on the spreadsheet which is then posted in the minutes. Discussion over Austin’s involvement in project to clarify the new process. Lorraine will send a note back to Ken asking him to clarify a question from Lloyd regarding adhering to the spirit rather than the letter in the co-chairs handbook.
  • FHIR Ballot process: this page doesn’t discuss (yet) voting on individual dispositions. Expectation is that ballots must be completed by spreadsheet – that won’t change by April 3rd. We would like to make several changes to the spreadsheet as listed in the “Submission of Ballot Comments” section. If you submit a comment and you’re not a voter, you have no vote to withdraw; if you are a voter, you can choose to not withdraw your negative and if there is a sufficient force that agrees with you, then the spec will not pass and you can force a change. Lorraine wonders if she wants to query ballot items in tracker, is there a way to do that? Lloyd responds that there is – query based on the name. Intention to add a specific field for that for the next round. Austin’s project plan should include two phases – short-term and long-term. Is there a willingness to change the process and allow this to happen (Ewout)? Lorraine states that there is a willingness to make accommodations as long as organizational process is followed. Lloyd moves through the document into the reconciliation process section. Lorraine recommends that we should add the expectation of noting dispositions in the minutes; Lloyd agrees and adds it. Discussion over getting all WGs to comply with using gforge – may be a challenge in some cases. Lloyd states we would deal with that on a case by case basis after we’ve got the process approved.

Anne to continue to work on getting times from Ken. Lorraine unable to attend next week. Call adjourned at 5:04 pm Eastern.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Reach out to FGB members re: provider candidates
  • Review Lorraine's draft of precepts
  • Followup on HSI WG content ownership
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.