2015-12-07 Rx Conf Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Attendees to be updated
- Melva Peters (Chair)
- Lee Supernate
- John Hatem
- Scott Robertson
- Marla Albitz
- Tim McNeil
- Lauren Gallagher
- Jose Texiera
- Chris Nickerson
- Daniel Zhang
FHIR Workflow Meetings Status
ACTION: Scott - find / asked for / create(?) a 1-pager explanation of what the business need and proposed solution.
- Update from Scott: Team meet 11/23, did not meet last week, will not be meeting next week - team has been working on identifying use cases.
- Update from Scott: has been attending, but many meetings have been cancelled.
FHIR Ballot Discussion Items
- GROUPING ADDED
- A = Dosage Related
- B = Terminology
- C = Misc
- D =
- E = Examples
- F = Multiple indications/reason for order
- G = Status
- H = Medication Related
- I = Mappings
8778 – dosage based on body surface area
- Update from John - response to John's question of what 'mustunderstand' means? - response: "mustUnderstand" is that if we do use an extension for this concept, then we would mark it as Must-Support (because a system not understanding the max dose properly would be extremely bad) and also as a Modifier Extension (because it changes the interpretation of the dose element).
- December 7, 2015 Update
- chemotherapy order templates - PDF format for chemotherapy schedule, regimen, etc
- Trying to define a fhir server that could serve this data in a FHIR resource
- These are not patient specific, but the content could be used to create an order for a patient
- Templates themselves are closest to a care plan - includes a cycle a definition
- Timeframe - needed by the end of March
Action: Maxdose - Chris and Lee to look at options on how to handle - discuss on next weeks call Action: Lee to put together some other requirements and submit a change request Action: Look at scheduling a quarter in Orlando to review the requirements
8442 – MedicationPrescription – clarify datewritten and prescriber – group discussed final decision noted in GForge item
Completed Action item: Jose will take a look at this off-line (8442). Concerned about one-to-many relationship implied in solution. Will bring investigation conclusions back to group. Jose’s findings could impact 5827, 8276, 8378, 8526, 8783
- Discussion of versioning resulted in a group understanding that this issue is an infrastructure issue, not Rx specific.
- Also can be remedied with additional documentation
Action: Jose to create new change request to address the documentation work only and separate from the infrastructure issue.
- 11/16 - When changes are applied, the original resource is not altered, the changes are incoproated into a clone of the original resource (with a relationship to the the original resource). From the FHIR resource perspective, these are separated resources. From the system perspective, there may only be a single "database entry" which is modified. Getting difficult to keep track of the constructs and proposed solution.
Action item: Jose will develop a resolution for consideration at the next call. Principly 8442, could impact 5827, 8276, 8378, 8526, 8783
Other FHIR Items
Action item: Marla to complete 7830 - consult with Mike Henderson
- PSS for FHIR content
Action: Melva has sent draft to list - please review and provide comments. Can be approved in Orlando
- how to represent "to be taken 10 minutes before meal"
- DSTU2 guidance still incorrect (verified during call)
- handled by change request # 8697
- adding new offset guidance to handle this.
- targeted for DSTU 2.1
Action: Melva to confirm if changes to be made will support "take one tablet 3 times day, 30 minutes before meals.
5925 & 8021 (grouping A)
Action item: Tom to review spreadsheet John forwarded on 11/9 . Tom volunteered on the 11/2 call to look at this.
Completed Action item: John will review spreadsheet to see which resource elements/attributes may be affected.
- John started presenting his review/work on the call.
- Will continue reviewing and vote (if applicable) on the next call.
- No listserv items to discuss this week
- ARB update
- Link to meeting minutes: 
- Update from John - did not meet the last two weeks, will meet again after Thanksgiving
- Dec 8, 2015 - no update
Action Item: Marla to enter change request for RXA-25 v2 FHIR mapping issue.
Action Item: Marla Reach out to Mike Henderson and Jose about final touches to the v2-FHIR mappings (perhaps even outside of the FHIR resources)
- Monday, Dec 14th - Need a chair for December 14th meeting since Melva will be unable to attend.