2015-10-05 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - October 5, 2015

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room #

Date: 2015-10-05
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Line Saele National ICT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Christian Hay GS1
X Alexander Henket Nictiz
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Welcome/introductions

  • Approve agenda
  • Review PA mission & charter
  • Review PA decision making practice
  • Review PA 3-year work plan
  • Review SWOT Analysis

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
The WG reviewed the agenda. The only changes are changes of chair from Irma to Line So that Q4 can
Irma moved to approve the agenda with the above change. Alex seconded. Vote (for/against/abstain): 10/0/0
The WG reviewed the PA mission & charter.
Irma moved to approve the mission and charter. Christian seconded. Vote (for/against/abstain): 10/0/0
The WG reviewed the decision making practice. Although Alex d brought up the potential changes that would be made per conversations of Q4 the day before, wherein the WG would have to inform other WGs if FHIR changes put into GForge affect interested WGs. Irma moved to approve the decision making practices. Brian seconded Vote (for/against/abstain): 10/0/0
The WG continued to review the 3 year work plan. (Do we still retain this item? There was a question as to whether this would remain as a work group product).
. The WG discussed the work to be done and what can be removed. In this discussion, the WG reviewed the current status of the FHIR resources. Brian noted that we have a resources at the following level
• Patient – 3
• Practitioner - 1
• Organization - 1
• Group - 1
• RelatedPerson - 1
• Encounter - 1
• Location - 1
• HealthCareService - 1
• Schedule - 1
• Appointment – 1
• Slot - 1
• AppointmentResponse - 1
• EpisodeOfCare - 1
Value Set (vocabulary) is also at level - 3
The only other resources of interest to PA are
• BillableItem
• Account
The goal is that these will be at level 5 next year. FHIR 2.1 update to DSTU 2 – constrained up to subset of resources. The next major release of FHIR is 3.0 – WGs will be committing all of the changes.
Alex brought up the subject of “mapping” of trigger events from v2 to FHIR. There has been work within Kaiser Permanente

Action Item: Address FMG in order to get feedback on the consideration of PA work for the next 12 month period to include providing not just element level mappings for the FHIR mappings to V2, v3, etc. but also the event level. Owner: Brian. Due: .

Motion to approve the 3 year work plan was made by Alex. Seconded by Irma. Vote (for/against/abstain): 10/0/0
Update to agenda to review the SWOT
The WG updated the SWOT with current items. Opportunities were changed to include:
• HL7 FHIR PA adoption by new markets
• Implementer interest in advancing FHIR encounter management (e.g. Norway
• IHE interest in development profiles based on PA FHIR content
• Strong interest in FHIR PA resources from implementers
• Interest for v2 PA implementations to migrate to FHIR
Threats were changed
• Lack of interest in PA v3 content might lead to lack of interest in reaffirming the v3 standard
• Conformance profiles diverge from our published standards without providing PAWG feedback (e.g. IHE, NHIN, etc.)
• Dependencies of limited critical
• Missing participation from the HL7 community may lead to the termination of projects
Brian moved to approve the SWOT. Christian seconded.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 10/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action: Address FMG in order to get feedback on the consideration of PA work for the next 12 month period to include providing not just element level mappings for the FHIR mappings to V2, v3, etc. but also the event level. Owner: Brian. Due: .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room # 1367

Date: 2014-05-05
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Daniel Lowenstein EPIC
X Alexander Henket Nictiz
X Iryna Roy HL7 Canada
X Christian Hay GS1
X Younjian Bao GE Healthcare
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair +2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR – Scheduling Resource

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Nictiz
Project overview: Explanation benefits from Alexander Henket.



The WG continued to review Availability and Slot
Availability FHIR resource
The WG discussed the relationship between Availability and Slot, both being resources, clarifying that the Availability resource is made up of (Referenced by) the Slot resource. Most use cases would be searching on Slots rather than availability since query on slots would actually give what times can be scheduled.
The WG continued to discuss the attributes and what they mean. Most specificly it was clarified that Availability is more of a “planning horizon” while the slots give specific times that are available within that planning horizon.
The WG discussed the attribute “Individual” to “Actor” this was agreed upon by the WG.

Content tab – Availability is made up of slots and service types. Brian noted that there is currently verbiage from the V2 content. However he is questioning whether this should be removed.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Change the “individual” attribute to “actor” in the Availability resource. Responsible: Brian. Due: TBD
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.