2015-07-13 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Melva Peters (Chair)
  • Marla Albitz (Scribe)
  • Tim McNeill
  • John Hatem
  • Jose Costa Teixeira
  • Rik Smithies
  • Chris Nickerson
  • Iryna Roy
  • Tom De Jong


FHIR Ballot Reconciliation

Outstanding Items to be Triaged

 Action: For items 8112/8107 - add agenda item to next working group meeting to discuss what do to for both. Strategy: To focus on status needs for one resource and then consider status requires for all other resources, ideally one by one.
 Action: for items 8112/8107 - John will do the prep work prior to next WG meeting for the Precription and Administration resources.
 Action: for items 8112/8107 - Melva will do the prep work prior to next WG meeting for the dispense and medicationstatement resources.
  • Group discussed Gforge item #8409 - "MedicationPrecription.Substitution" recently submitted by Michelle Miller. Group will check with Julie to confirm that the recent vocabulary change would address this issue instead of taking the approach of using a Boolean for a substitution property.
Action: Melva to add Jose's change request to WG list
Action: Melva to email Julie to inquire about the vocabulary approach to address Michelle's issue.
  • Motion: John, second Jose Voted 7:0:0 - to handle items 8378 and 8276 with the same solution - two items are closely related. Group will then decide if a "reason" is needed for all status changes.
  • Motion: John Second: Rik Voted 7:0:0- Item: 8377 - Group motions that this item can be addressed through use of an extension.
  • Item #8228 needs a change to allow for a range for rate to be handled. Requires adding the choice to be able to enter a rate change or a rate quantity.
    • Motion Marla, Second John - Voted:7:0:0 for us to allow range to be added to resource, assigned to Rik to determine the how this will be accomplished.

FHIR Next Steps

  • Start assigning resources to triaged items

HL7 Pharmacy GForge FHIR items

  • Assignments were made for each gForge item. Updated in Google doc. Those assigned will determine if additional information is needed in order to be able to complete the item change. If more information is needed, the person will contact others via listserv/email or bring it to the next WG conference call.

ListServ

  • MedicationStatement vs MedicationPrescription
    • need to determine the specific discussion - it was a long email thread
    • need to address this discussion with clarity on our resources and examples

Completed Action: review the email thread to determine if ballot comment reconciliation to add clarity and examples will address issues/discussion

Action: Group agreed to build examples through ballot comment reconciliation to address issues to address issue
  • Whether Immunization should be its own resource vs a profile on MedicationAdmin
    • PHER needs to wade in on this discussion - it was decided 3 WGMs ago that PHER will create a profile
Completed Action:  Melva to send email to PHER to determine where they stand on the creation of a profile - complete
* Update 7/6 - Melva informed the group that PHER has decided to build a profile
Action: John to contact Grahame - to explain that why we are not going to add the two extensions immunizations requires for core medication resource
  • gforge task - Timing and MedicationPrescription.dosageInstruction examples

File:Email - Michelle Miller.pdf

Action: Tom to author a reply to Michelle, Tom will send to co-chairs for review before sending to Michelle
  • Question from Jose - Substitution

File:Substitution (FHIR).pdf

Action: Add comment to GForge action to review vocabulary bindings.
  • FHIR Medication Resource questions/feedback - Received 7/6
Action: Melva to followup with listserv issue, note that Grahame has already noted issues with the findings.

NCPDP Implementation Guidance - Ballot Reconciliation

  • what is the status of this? All comments resolutions will be accepted per the ballot reconciliation spreadsheet. Moved John H, Seconded Jean Duteau Vote:5:0:0
Action Item: Scott will post ballot reconciliation spreadsheet - in progress
Action item: Scott to send a note to Karen re: publication Update - Scott sending email 7/6, today
Action:  can close project once completed

ARB Project

  • Discussed a new ARB project for the development of computable links for semantic interoperability that would be useful in FHIR. One of the candidates would be to develop computable links between FHIR and RIM constructs. He relayed discussions that occurred had around this topic at the Paris OOC meeting, at the Paris ITS and ARB meetings. He has put forth a new PSS with ARB that uses RDS and Pharmacy FHIR resources. Proposes a project with RDS and pharmacy to build tools and/or grammar to support this venture. A PSS has been developed and will be presented in tomorrow's ARB meeting. Charlie wants the Rx group to know about this effort and consider our group supporting the effort. Charlie believes that Pharmacy has done much of the work of defining the linkages, but still needs to be converted to a computable form. He believes much of that work will occur in the ARB subgroup working on RDS.
    • ARB had not reviewed when first presented to Pharmacy
    • ARB has approved in principle - PSS has been drafted and approved. Has been forward to Pharmacy as well as a number of other work groups. Some discussions about who will own this project (FHIR Management Group wants to own). It will go forward - joint meeting with Pharmacy WGs, RDF group and ARB.
    • Pharmacy's responsibility will be to provide RDF group the links to the Pharmacy FHIR resources. Probably minimal work for Pharmacy WG.
    • A joint meeting will be scheduled in the next few weeks
Completed Action: Rx Co-chairs to meet to discuss and determine the Rx WG's role in the effort. (As of 6/15, 6/22 this is not completed)
Completed Action: Melva to forward to the Pharmacy WG for review - complete
Completed Action:  Add to agenda for next WG call to determine how Pharmacy will participate

ARB Computable Semantic Links from FHIR PSS

  • 7/6 - Charlie informed the group that the project has been officially been approved.
Action: John Hatem will attend the first planning meeting and provide notes/minutes to Pharmacy

Decision made: Level of involvement on this project Motion to move that we are a co-sponsor of this project. Motion: John, Seconded Scott Vote:7:0:0

Action: Melva to followup/email with ARB to inform them of our vote to co-sponsor - completed




Next meeting

  • July 20, 2015