2015-07-06 Rx Conf Call
- Melva Peters (Chair)
- Marla Albitz (Scribe)
- Scott Robertson
- John Hatem
- Chris Nickerson
- Rik Smithies
- Charlie Mead
- Tom De Jong
- MedicationStatement vs MedicationPrescription
- need to determine the specific discussion - it was a long email thread
- need to address this discussion with clarity on our resources and examples
Completed Action: review the email thread to determine if ballot comment reconciliation to add clarity and examples will address issues/discussion
Action: Group agreed to build examples through ballot comment reconciliation to address issues to address issue
- Whether Immunization should be its own resource vs a profile on MedicationAdmin
- PHER needs to wade in on this discussion - it was decided 3 WGMs ago that PHER will create a profile
Completed Action: Melva to send email to PHER to determine where they stand on the creation of a profile - complete * Update 7/6 - Melva informed the group that PHER has decided to build a profile Action: John to contact Grahame - to explain that why we are not going to add the two extensions immunizations requires for core medication resource
- gforge task - Timing and MedicationPrescription.dosageInstruction examples
Action: Tom to author a reply to Michelle, Tom will send to co-chairs for review before sending to Michelle
- Question from Jose - Substitution
- Action: Add comment to GForge action to review vocabulary bindings.
- FHIR Medication Resource questions/feedback - Received 7/6
Action: Melva to followup with listserv issue, note that Grahame has already noted issues with the findings.
NCPDP Implementation Guidance - Ballot Reconciliation
- what is the status of this? All comments resolutions will be accepted per the ballot reconciliation spreadsheet. Moved John H, Seconded Jean Duteau Vote:5:0:0
Action Item: Scott will post ballot reconciliation spreadsheet - in progress Action item: Scott to send a note to Karen re: publication Update - Scott sending email 7/6, today Action: can close project once completed
- Discussed a new ARB project for the development of computable links for semantic interoperability that would be useful in FHIR. One of the candidates would be to develop computable links between FHIR and RIM constructs. He relayed discussions that occurred had around this topic at the Paris OOC meeting, at the Paris ITS and ARB meetings. He has put forth a new PSS with ARB that uses RDS and Pharmacy FHIR resources. Proposes a project with RDS and pharmacy to build tools and/or grammar to support this venture. A PSS has been developed and will be presented in tomorrow's ARB meeting. Charlie wants the Rx group to know about this effort and consider our group supporting the effort. Charlie believes that Pharmacy has done much of the work of defining the linkages, but still needs to be converted to a computable form. He believes much of that work will occur in the ARB subgroup working on RDS.
- ARB had not reviewed when first presented to Pharmacy
- ARB has approved in principle - PSS has been drafted and approved. Has been forward to Pharmacy as well as a number of other work groups. Some discussions about who will own this project (FHIR Management Group wants to own). It will go forward - joint meeting with Pharmacy WGs, RDF group and ARB.
- Pharmacy's responsibility will be to provide RDF group the links to the Pharmacy FHIR resources. Probably minimal work for Pharmacy WG.
- A joint meeting will be scheduled in the next few weeks
Completed Action: Rx Co-chairs to meet to discuss and determine the Rx WG's role in the effort. (As of 6/15, 6/22 this is not completed) Completed Action: Melva to forward to the Pharmacy WG for review - complete Completed Action: Add to agenda for next WG call to determine how Pharmacy will participate
- 7/6 - Charlie informed the group that the project has been officially been approved.
Action: John Hatem will attend the first planning meeting and provide notes/minutes to Pharmacy
Decision made: Level of involvement on this project Motion to move that we are a co-sponsor of this project. Motion: John, Seconded Scott Vote:7:0:0
Action: Melva to followup/email with ARB to inform them of our vote to co-sponsor
- Initial Proposal: 06/21/2015
- Final Proposals: 07/12/2015
- Patient Care - Criticality Definition Update]
- New Observation Value
- Voted to inform harmonization that we have no issues with proposals - Voted 7:0:0
Action: Melva to inform harmonization group that we have not issues.
FHIR Ballot Reconciliation
Outstanding Items to be Triaged
- need to start assigning
Action: Next working group meeting agenda item for July 16th: If modelers are on the call, will start ballot assignments for first 30 minutes of call.
- July 13, 2015