2015-06-29 Rx Conf Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Attendees

  • Marla Albitz (Chair)
  • Tim O'Neil
  • Melva Peters (scrib)
  • Jose Texeira
  • Charlie Mead
  • Scott Robertson

ListServ

  • MedicationStatement vs MedicationPrescription
    • need to determine the specific discussion - it was a long email thread
    • need to address this discussion with clarity on our resources and examples
Action:  review the email thread to determine if ballot comment reconciliation to add clarity and examples will address issues/discussion
  • Whether Immunization should be its own resource vs a profile on MedicationAdmin
    • PHER needs to wade in on this discussion - it was decided 3 WGMs ago that PHER will create a profile
Action:  Melva to send email to PHER to determine where they stand on the creation of a profile - complete
  • gforge task - Timing and MedicationPrescription.dosageInstruction examples
Action item:  Melva will respond to Michelle Miller - complete
Action item:  add to agenda for next teleconference

NCPDP Implementation Guidance - Ballot Reconciliation

  • what is the status of this? All comments resolutions will be accepted per the ballot reconciliation spreadsheet. Moved John H, Seconded Jean Duteau Vote:5:0:0
Action Item: Scott will post ballot reconciliation spreadsheet - in progress
Action item: Scott to send a note to Karen re: publication
Action:  can close project once completed

Steering Division

  • AID Implementation Packages
    • AID project to define the content of "Implementation Packages" for HL7v2 and CDA.
    • Given the lessons learned around the FHIR publication (include tools, examples, etc, to lower the hurdle for implementers) - how, on hindsight, should we have published HL7v2 and CDA to make these standards easier to implement for a newbie?
  • See [1] for a draft list of generic criteria.
  • NE 2015 Content Review
    • Preview is available for review - Pharmacy does not have any new content
    • Scott to review and raise issues if necessary

ARB Project

  • Discussed a new ARB project for the development of computable links for semantic interoperability that would be useful in FHIR. One of the candidates would be to develop computable links between FHIR and RIM constructs. He relayed discussions that occurred had around this topic at the Paris OOC meeting, at the Paris ITS and ARB meetings. He has put forth a new PSS with ARB that uses RDS and Pharmacy FHIR resources. Proposes a project with RDS and pharmacy to build tools and/or grammar to support this venture. A PSS has been developed and will be presented in tomorrow's ARB meeting. Charlie wants the Rx group to know about this effort and consider our group supporting the effort. Charlie believes that Pharmacy has done much of the work of defining the linkages, but still needs to be converted to a computable form. He believes much of that work will occur in the ARB subgroup working on RDS.
    • ARB had not reviewed when first presented to Pharmacy
    • ARB has approved in principle - PSS has been drafted and approved. Has been forward to Pharmacy as well as a number of other work groups. Some discussions about who will own this project (FHIR Management Group wants to own). It will go forward - joint meeting with Pharmacy WGs, RDF group and ARB.
    • Pharmacy's responsibility will be to provide RDF group the links to the Pharmacy FHIR resources. Probably minimal work for Pharmacy WG.
    • A joint meeting will be scheduled in the next few weeks
Action: Rx Co-chairs to meet to discuss and determine the Rx WG's role in the effort. (As of 6/15, 6/22 this is not completed)
Action: Melva to forward to the Pharmacy WG for review - complete
Action:  Add to agenda for next WG call to determine how Pharmacy will participate

ARB Computable Semantic Links from FHIR PSS

Harmonization

  • Initial Proposal: 06/21/2015
  • Final Proposals: 07/12/2015
Action: Melva to pull proposals forward for review on next weeks call

FHIR Ballot Reconciliation

  • All items have been triaged - need to start assigning items to resources

Next meeting

  • July 6, 2015 - Melva to Chair