2015-01-19 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Monday January 19, 2015

Monday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Directors Room

Date: 2015-01-19
Time: Monday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line A. Saele National ICT, Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Yongjian Bao GE Health, USA
X Christian Hay GS1, Switzerland
X Iryna Roy Gevity, Canada
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
X Peter Bernhardt Relay Health, USA
X Virginia Lorenzi New York Presbyterian Hospital, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Welcome/introductions

  • Approve agenda
  • Review Patient Administration Work Group Mission & Charter
  • Review Patient Administration Work Group decision making practice
  • Review Patient Administration Work Group 3-year work plan

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Introductions

  • Action Item: Contact OnO about encounter. Alex/Brian
  • Action Item: Update wiki mission and charter to reflect what is on the HL7 website for patient administration. Update HL7 website. Find out from Lynn which is the “source of truth” Responsible Alex.
  • Action Item: Bring the division of work from HL7 website and wiki to Steering Division for clarity.

A motion was made by Alex Henket to approve the mission and charter as put forward at the www.hl7.org for patient administration. Alex seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote: 8/0/0
Result: Motion passes.
Check the link on the wiki for DMP to assure it is
Motion was made by Iryna to approve the DMP. Seconded by Brian P.
Discussion: None.
Vote (For/abstain/against): 7/1/0
3 year work plan
Line clarified that Alex has put forward the value of the 3 year work plan with the steering division. This will be discussed tonight.

  • Action Item: Notify the co-chairs of steering division that we have 5 PSS’s waiting for approval from the steering division noted on the HL7 website. It may be that the HL7 website [1] needs to be updated (project insight??) Reponsible: Alex de Leon

SWOT
The SWOT was updated (Weaknesses and threats)
Motion: Alex moves to approve the SWOT as updated. Iryna seconds.
Vote(for/abstain/against): 8/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item: Contact OnO about encounter. Alex/Brian
  • Action Item: Update wiki mission and charter to reflect what is on the HL7 website for patient administration. Update HL7 website. Find out from Lynn which is the “source of truth” Responsible Alex.
  • Action Item: Bring the division of work from HL7 website and wiki to Steering Division for clarity.
  • Action Item: Notify the co-chairs of steering division that we have 5 PSS’s waiting for approval from the steering division noted on the HL7 website. It may be that the HL7 website [2] needs to be updated (project insight??) Reponsible: Alex de Leon
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Directors Room

Date: 2015-01-20
Time: Monday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Iryna Roy Gevity, Canada
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
X Colin Wright McKesson, USA
X Peter Bernhardt Relay Health, USA
X Yongjian Bao GE Health, USA
X Elysa Jones OASIS, USA
X Richard Cavanaugh NHS, UK
X John Roberts Tennessee Department of Health, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR DSTU2 Ballot Reconciliation

Supporting Documents
GFORGE FHIR Tracker

Minutes

Introductions FHIR Reconciliation The WG discussed Lloyd’s email where he stated that the ballot comments on the DSTU content has been consolidated and migrated to the GForge Tracker tool.
GFORGE Tracker tool
This list was used for reconciliation. Updates were made by Brian directly into the tracker tool.
Irma stated it is 54, but shows that there are 72 tracker items. After the right parameters were entered for PA, open change requests, there were 54.
The WG began to disposition the tracker items.
Tracker # 5166 having to do with the “Encounter.serviceProvider” – Currently says “Department or team providing care” The tracker author questions how this can encompass multiple providers who are in the care. The WG answered this by pointing the author back to the participant in the encounter and the role would define the role for the provider or providers involved in the care. The WG continued to define the Encounter.serviceProvider to read “The organization that is the custodian of the Encounter record” with a longer description that describes the element.

With the answer to this tracker item, the WG considered whether this element (Encounter.serviceProvider, as custodian of the encounter) should remain in the encounter resource or not.
A motion was made by Alex de Leon to keep the Encounter.serviceProvider element with the updated description. Iryna seconds.
Vote(8/1/2): Motion passes.
Tracker# 5177 Neg-min
Patient class is not a modifying attribute.
Motion was made by Brian to accept the comment. Peter seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote(for/abstain/against): 11/0/0
Motion Passes

Tracker# 5184 Neg-min
Encounter resource
Recommend changing the “planned” status in encounter to “pending” (or a more appropriate non-overloaded status value). With the introduction of “planned, “proposed” for clinical request, the semantics of “planned” in Encounter does not align.
Planned implies a timeline or date for encounters, whereas pending is waiting to be considered for a timeline.
The WG decided to wait for further discussion of this for next quarter since it seems that this will be a longer discussion that what we have in this quarter.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Directors Room

Date: 2012-01-16
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Yongjian Bao GE Health, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite HL7 Australia
X Rien Wertheim Furore, The Netherlands
X Prashant Trivedi NHS, UK
X Peter Bernhardt Relay Health, USA
X Darrell Woelk Social Care
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR DSTU2 Ballot Reconciliation

Supporting Documents
GFORGE FHIR Tracker

Minutes

Introductions
FHIR Reconciliation
Tracker# 5184 Neg-Min (cont.)
Brian moved to disposition this item as non-persuasive.
Brian moved to retain the status as “planned” with so non-persuasive.
Vote (For/Abstain/Against): 7/0/0

Tracker# 5186 Neg Maj
Since “Other” is the name of the specific resource, Person should not use “other”.
The WG considered and discussed this and thinks that this seems persuasive. Brian moves to disposition this as persuasive. Peter seconds.
Discussion: None
Vote : 7/0/0

Tracker # 5187 A-S
Suggestion to change the terminology from “natural person“ to “human”.

Brian moves to change it to “individual”. Yongjian seconded
Discussion: None
Vote: 7/0/0
Tracker # 5188 A-S
The Person resource is intended to be used to aggregate all or at least a subset of FHIR resources that relate to a specific human being.

The WG felt that the text was valuable and conveyed what is intended as written and thanks the submitter for the suggestion.

Tracker # 5189 Neg Min
“Additionally, a person resource may be used by organizations to allow patients to manage their demographics data while maintaining stricter control of the associated patient resource data.”
“There is nothing in the content of the resource that would indicate how one would use the patient resource to apply data access controls. Also, segmentation of patient data is complex and rather controversial.”
Brian moves to remove the subject sentence and insert a description of a Client Portal use case where this text might be used. Peter seconded
Discussion: none.
Vote: 8/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Directors Room

Date: 2015-01-19
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Line Saele HL7 Norway
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Christian Hay GS1, Switzerland
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
X Rien Wertheim Furore, The Netherlands
X Peter Bernhardt Relay Health
X Elysa Jones OASIS
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Open Session for new proposals

Supporting Documents
GFORGE FHIR Tracker

Minutes

Introductions
New Work
Elysa Jones – OASIS - Hospital Availability Standards
Developed v1.0 hospital availability.
Hospital and service availability for emergency response.
Elysa presented the PSS for the review and endorsement and ballot the OASIS HAVE Standard. In the discussion, it seemed that there was interest from Australia, and Switzerland. The Netherlands may also have a similar effort that would benefit from this.
Alexander noted that the PSS does state Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) in the scope and therefore there he has a question as to whether this is an acceptable serialization for HL7 to endorse. For example the serializations typical of HL7 specifications include V2, V3, FHIR (which can be in XML, JSON). This should be a question brought ARB and TSC. Action: Bring this up as part of the PSS for presentation to Steering Division
IN discussing the timeframe, the WG stated that we would have more bandwidth after FHIR has moved beyond DSTU2. So, a September ballot timeframe would be more reasonable.
Alexander moved to take this PSS to the Steering division and TSC for review. Brian seconded.
Discussion: None.
Vote (For/Abstain/Against.: 8/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.