20141208 FGB concall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
|Date: 2014-12-08 |
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator:||Note taker(s): Anne W.|
|Quorum = Chair plus 2||yes/no|
|Woody Beeler||x||Lorraine Constable||Grahame Grieve||David Hay (FMG)|
|x||Dave Shaver||Ewout Kramer||x||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)||Ron Parker|
|x||Anne W., scribe|
- Roll call -
- Agenda Review
- Approve minutes of 20141201 FGB concall
- Action Item review:
- Ken and Paul to contact Mark Roche to walk him through the issues of ONC's business requirements
- Dave to schedule call with provider member candidate
- Grahame to provide report on funding issues
- FMG update -
- Methodology update-
- Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
- Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
- Conformity Assessment
Convened at 4:05 pm
- Agenda additions or subtractions? Argonaut is added as an agenda item.
- Minutes from 12/01/14: Lorraine moves to accept the minutes; Lloyd seconds. No abstentions.
- Argonaut Project: The actual bulk of the work that we proposed was the work on C-CDA FHIR mappings that is potentially not going to hit the deadline. Some contingency money for issues that arise. The plan is to get a core team from the main committees affected; mapping will be done publicly in existing frameworks such as the Wikis. Structured the Connectathon to help test. Security piece is also in the works to continue SMART of FHIR; will be validated and tested in production, then brought to HL7 and included in FHIR spec as an appendix and be an HL7 work product – more than six months down the road. Lorraine: how will we manage bringing the WGs up to date? Grahame: We don’t have any off the cuff answer for that; the primary WG is our own, and also patient care. But it depends on what comes out of the mappings. Will be management implications in terms of pressure to make the deadline, so we have to decide to what degree we might back off the quality goals to meet the deadlines. There are some open questions. Any suggestions are welcome. Lloyd: my nervousness around this is the messaging that goes out to the WGs. The press release was not aimed at internal HL7 ears at how this work is going to be done/owned within HL7, and it’s not a “thou shalt” message. Particularly nervous around Pharmacy because of their previous concerns. Grahame will talk to Chuck about messaging and will flesh it out in FGB. Lloyd has concerns about immediacy – someone to talk to Pharmacy folks in the next couple of days. All groups should be receiving messaging this week. Generalized messaging – we could sort it out over the FGB list.
- Ken/Paul contacted Mark to discuss ONC’s business requirements. Existing processes were reaffirmed and concerns addressed.
- Provider member candidate: have emailed Katherine again but Dave feels she may not have time to join us weekly. Lloyd suggests that we should perhaps start thinking about alternative candidates in the case that she is unavailable. We will hold out until next week to make a decision on alternatives.
- Grahame discussed funding issues in Argonaut update.
- FHIR Core WG issues will be moved forward this week by Grahame but no decisions will likely be made until January.
- Have been spending time on MnM calls going through FHIR ballot feedback to get resolutions – will be continuing to do that starting this week.
- Lorraine – we should discuss agendas for San Antonio and Paris on an upcoming call? Discussion about increased registration fees for Sunday. Action: Add scheduling discussion for next week.
- Adjourned at 4:45.
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Governance_Board
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.