This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140914 FGB FMG WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB/FMG joint Meeting Minutes

Location: Lake Michigan Room, Hilton Chicago

Date: 2014-09-14
Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Woody Note taker(s):Lynn
FGB Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve x David Hay (FMG)
regrets Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe
FMG Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk regrets Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech
x Paul Biondich


Agenda


Minutes

  • Agenda Check
  • finalizing Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR and precepts
    • both FMG and FGB have reviewed, final approval today and send out to implementers
    • Lorraine asks if MnM needs to weigh in on it? The review process in the ballot should be sufficient and three MnM cochairs are present and also agree. Lloyd moves approval of the document and sending to implementers and subsequent inclusion in the DSTU ballot. Paul seconds.
    • Concern over inclusion of such material in a ballot discussed. V3 principles were balloted separate from the core specification. It should have a different ballot/document status. Whether it is in a separate ballot or incorporated as "reference" material TBD.
    • Vote: unanimously approved
    • Dave and Lloyd will send a post to FHIR list and implementers' skype chat
  • objectives for week
    • SOA was planning to hold 4 Qs of sessions and they have been cancelled. Are there issues of concern? Ken couldn't make it so it was an administrative cancellation.
    • Mon Q0, Mon lunch, Fri Q1 other governance group meetings.
    • IHE in process of setting up a Work Group and needs to be added to the list of WGs with whom they have joint sessions.
    • Any particular issues with particular WGs?
      1. New resources or profiles that they want in DSTU2 need to enter the approval process by September 29th. This includes completed resource proposals.
      2. Change requests in GForge not being addressed by steward work groups in a timely manner. ITS is a problem but Pharmacy, PA, PC have been keeping up. Needs to be kept current.
        • Lorraine points out there may be new resources on the tracking sheet that do not have a WG assigned. Lloyd takes an action item to update it.
    • Discussion ensued on triaging issues and assignment to steward WGs which Lloyd typically does.
        • Publishing and typo categories are automatically approved. Others require a WG to endorse the change.
      1. December 5 deadline for draft content for 2014Jan draft for comment ballot and all content for next DSTU must be available in draft state.
        • By next WGM there should be few unresolved tracker items; ITS will likely struggle with this.
        • Woody asks about MnM tracker items; need to resolve if MnM will handle datatypes instead of ITS. Other than that MnM doesn't own content in the ballot right now. Rules for backwards compatibility will be owned by MnM.
      2. Everything must be clean by March 30 as deadline for publication, "pens down". Jan WGM is the checkpoint.
    • other objectives for the week are to identify concerns, ensure awareness of quality criteria
      • how will quality criteria be reviewed for those items in the ballot that don't have an owning WG.
    • Ewout notes that there is a great deal of work for those groups monitoring and addressing trackers and performing.
      • Lorraine notes that OO has been making the criteria into tracker items and assigning them to be resolved. However applying criteria to examples that contain resources is troubling; Grahame notes that there may be a tooling solution to that issue.
      • What volume of examples can be effectively maintained? It should be the minimum number of examples to cover the scope of the resource.
    • Examples should differentiate between those for clarification of specific issues and those for demonstration of scope. The examples for meeting quality criteria versus extra meat for processing convenience should be identified; Grahame notes he can move the ones used for padding out.
      • Ewout notes that the column for examples "in book" is no longer relevant but might be repurposed.
      • What if we learn a WG cannot complete their work in time for DSTU2? Bring their concerns to the liaison and address on Friday's joint session, whether they need scope reduced, responsibility moved, development assistance, etc.? CGIT and Templates have participation issues. They have not readily accepted their ownership transition. "Value set", "profile", "operation definition", are resources that must remain under ownership of the core team. Even conformance resource may not be best fit in CGIT. May need to get that message to TSC.
      • Brief discussion on the direction for creation of the FHIR WG ensued.
    • Grahame asks for a stand up meeting each morning at breakfast for coordination. Skype channel for coordination also exists so let Lloyd, Grahame or Ewout know if you want to join.
    • FHIR hype is manic and while they are following the project plan the expectations are accelerating beyond readiness. Need a messaging strategy. Might want to talk about it tomorrow morning.
    • Connectathon has officially created realization that it's beyond a standards project and into something bigger, a whole community and needs better definition. There will also be new blood in the project, funding from vendors, with a few months' lead time. There will be significant challenges and opportunities with these resources.
    • Sunday Q4 tutorial no longer effective; has it completed its intent. Ewout would rather show examples to folks working on profiles. Proposal to turn Sun Q4 into a round table focused on last minute skills development, cross-project work; still audience of cochairs and facilitators. Tuesday FHIR profile content tutorial not effective to those who are heads down developing content during the week. May want to move the education part to webinars and use the f2f time more wisely. Make a precondition of the round table that the attendees have seen the webinar. January focus must be on getting ready.
  • Grahame will not be at the January meeting.

Adjourned 1:37 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

FHIR_Agenda_201409_WGM