This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20140910 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes


(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-09-10
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: David Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech


  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140903_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will draft the document for a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle
  • allowing "Sunday only" observer roles
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)


David convenes 12:33 PM

  • Agenda Check - still have resource proposals to go through, talk about agenda for WGM. Lloyd moves and Hans seconds updated agenda and approved unanimously
  • Minutes from 20140903_FMG_concall David asks if we completed going through the risk assessment. We didn't tough the risk assessment but completed the principles. Lloyd reports they were updated by FGB on Monday. Hans moves Lloyd seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • WGM agenda FHIR_Agenda_201409_WGM
    • Sunday lunch joint FMG/FGB finalizing Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR Hans and Brian don't arrive until Sunday afternoon
    • FMG lunch Monday metrics development
    • Friday joint session with FGB, DSTU planning; overlaps with clinical connectathon
  • Resource proposals review - needs initial review by one of the cochairs; defer
  • Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR review of FGB changes to the conformance principle
    • Hans suggests an example of the difference between flexible and ambiguous.
    • Lloyd suggests description of loose conformance requirements or conformance expectations
  • Lloyd leaves the call
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will draft the document for a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle
  • allowing "Sunday only" observer roles - was not discussed further
  • Connectathon management (David/Brian) 44 people already registered and dropins are expected; capacity for 70.
  • FMG liaisons - no reports
  • Review resources at Category:Pending_FHIR_Resource_Proposal
    • Appointment:
      • would require multiple appointment resources be created for each instance. The resource only describes one meeting. Clarification made. Third paragraph on the intent for future use needs to be brought back to PA WG. ACTION ITEM: David will bring this back to them.
      • Is the appointment resource the request, and there is a separate appointment response? Paul notes that other areas use a pattern of "action x", and "action x response" instead of "action x request"… Appointment holds a natural meaning that the date and time are agreed upon in a response and appointment request would be a more appropriate name. We may need to ask them to explain their relationship to other responses. Review of workflow at Issue of where one would place the client-requested time. You have a meeting invitation and an acknowledgement. The appointment exists even if no one has accepted the invitation yet. Hans suggests adding clarification about the indication of whether a participant will or will not attend.
      • What specific comments do we wish to convey to PA? How is this related to the Availability resource. David will contact Ewout and Grahame for their Tuesday Q1 and Q2 sessions to alert them of this concern.
    • Moving on to ConceptMap - author is Grahame.
      • Paul asks if the purpose is to declare translations? Purpose is to allow you to record mappings between codes for translation purposes and to exchange, retrieve, etc. those mappings. Lloyd moves and Paul seconds approval of this resource. Unanimously approved.
    • Review of ConsentDirective; one line scope of coverage too shallow and need definitions of terms. DocumentRoot was a prior name for Composition. Paul notes he meets with them on Tuesday and the contents are in flux. Suggest using one that is well-structured and act-based for MedicationAdministration.
      • Paul further notes that MedicationAdministration should not be restricted to Humans.

Adjourned 1:58 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International