20140826 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda and Minutes
  4. Management
    1. PSS from Andy
  5. Governance
  6. Methodology (30 minutes)
    1. SAIF-CD
    2. BAM sections Review:
      1. Section 7 Business Architecture Bo, Lorraine
      2. Section 8 Implementation Lorraine
  7. Other business and planning
  8. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20140826
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Julian, Tony Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
R Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
R Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
. Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
. Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
. Milosevic, Zoran Deontik Pty Ltd
R Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
X Stechishin,Andy CANA Software and Service Ltd.
. Guests
. Kreisler, Austin Former HL7 TSC Chair
. Duteau, Jean Duteau Design, Inc
. Shakir, Abdul Malik City of Hope National Medical Center
. Laakso, Lynn HL7
.
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
R Regrets
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair + 3) Met: Yes

Minutes

  • Agenda approved by affirmation.
  • Management
    • PSS is focusing on tooling and PS inventory and hi-level architecture of current state.
    • Drivers:
      • large quantity of new integration
      • staff turnover
      • Technology architecture to support the business architecture(BAM) is on the horizon.
    • Motion to join the project as a co-sponsor.(Andy S, Cecil)
      • What is expected?
        • Andys: review and comment, EST would look to ArB as guidance: Where we should look deeper
        • Lorraine: Review/advice/consultation: Overlap between efforts: Establish the precidence that the architecture is within our scope of interest.
        • Andys:Would encourage as co-sponsor.
    • Vote (4-0-0)
    • Andy will update the pss, and forward to ArB and EST.
  • Methodology
    • SAIF-CD
      • Tony needs to check in the document to SVN
      • Cecil:FHIR does not fit SAIF yet, and not sure how it will fit in general from a conformance perspective.
      • Lorraine: At the level of the CD, as opposed to an IG we are ok - since not platform specific.
      • Cecil: there are requirements to be interoperable: something that is traceable from the analysis artifact to the implemented artifact: There is no formal analysis artifact.
      • Lorraine: Parts use DAMs but it is inconsistantly applied.
      • Cecil: That inconsistancy we need to fix. You cant write a spec from a DAM to implementation - only to a profile. Governance body has not forced conformance. Mapping to RIM is not easy: Resource to resource they map differently. Before it comes out of DSTU there needs to be consistancy and reliability. It would be difficult for NIST to validate resources except against the profile. Like CDA - even though CDA does map to a specified version of the RIM:
      • Lorraine: At some point we need to be involved as it is balloted in May. Ballot comments can be focused on the problems with ISO 1709? to map traceability.
      • Cecil: Had discussion with Grahame: Siemens stated that there was no need to map to the RIM. Grahame said there is no value in mapping resources to the RIM. There is definitely a need for that - especially if you are using rim-based database and want to map to it. Once you put it into an otology the blemishes show.
    • BAM section
      • Lorraine: Some progress has been made:
        • NOTE RP Comment:"We need to formally define the role of Product Director or a “Product Directorate” and gain acceptance of this as a foundational concept of the BAM. As well, I believe there is likely to be just one Product Governance Board with multiple Product Management Groups. Also something we need to agree on before we proceed too much further with the bam."
        • ArB needs to attack this because Ken wants ARB to consider taking the governance role.
    • DAM changes need to be on agenda for next week:
  • Next meeting:
    • September 2, 2014.
  • Adjournment
    • Meeting adjourned at 5:55 U.S.Eastern

Tony Julian (talk) 21:56, 26 August 2014 (UTC)