This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140818 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-08-18
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
x John Quinn
observers/guests regrets Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140804 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • look at precepts and principles side by side to map them..


Minutes

Convened at 4:04 PM

  • Agenda Review - add the license stuff from the TSC; motion to approve Lloyd, second Dave; unanimously approved
  • Approve minutes of 20140804 FGB concall Lloyd moves and Grahame seconds; Lorraine abstains; passes 3/0/1
  • Action Item review:
    • Woody to contact Catherine; failed to connect last week
  • license stuff from the TSC; as far as Grahame is concerned it was closed. It has been resolved between Grahame and Chuck Jaffe and might be considered a technical correction (errata publication for CTO approval) rather than a DSTU update needing approval by TSC. Lorraine feels if John and Chuck and Grahame are happy we should be happy and moves that FGB endorse the approach to move forward with a technical correction on the grounds that the issues relative to the license have been resolved with the appropriate parties. Lloyd seconds. Unanimously approved.
  • look at precepts and Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR side by side to map them.
    • Is there a precept for each principle and vice versa… Lorraine notes that the principles are around design and the precepts are around governance. They may not have a 1..1 relationship.
    • Lorraine wonders if these documents provide FMG the guidance they need for management processes to meet the precepts? Lloyd notes the principles are owned by FGB and the precepts are jointly owned where FGB identifies the risks and FMG identifies mitigating actions; where FGB evaluates mitigating actions in alignment with principles. Woody suggests the FGB then ask the FMG to evaluate these documents.
    • Edits made; motion by Lloyd and seconded by Lorraine; approved - Lynn will send to FMG with the document attached and add to their agenda.
  • Next actions: once FMG reviews the principles they will go to the FHIR community for peer review. Lorraine also suggests the risks be sent to the TRAC.

Adjourned 4:55 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.