20140722 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Methodology (30 minutes)
- Other business and planning
- July 29, 2014 :Final review on
- August 3, 2014: Final content due to HL7 Hq
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Julian, Tony||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony|
|X||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|R||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|R||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|X||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|.||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|X||Stechishin,Andy||CANA Software and Service Ltd.|
|Quorum Requirements (Co-chair + 3) Met: Yes|
- Approval of agenda and Minutes
- Motionto approve agenda and minutes (Andy S, Zoran)
- Vote 4-0-0
- Section 7 4: Shall implement the ISO healthcare data types for "on the wire"
- 7.12: Should define At least one artifact template for each of teh 15 IST cell.
- Made changes to 8.5 as follows:
- It is important to understand that the SAIF Canonical Definition defines common concepts and patterns that will subsequently be instantiated through the concrete artifact specification definitions in the various IGs. The reuse of existing work is thus – for the most part – an IG-level and not a Canonical Definition-level issue.
- SAIF makes considerable use of the ODP’s Enterprise and Computational languages. In particular, the development of the UML profile for ODP and other UML specifications, for example, SoaML, MOF, and certain aspects of UML 2.x, have been directly influenced by ODP. Finally, there is considerable alignment between ODP and the latest OASIS SOA Reference Architecture Foundations and the TOGAF 9 meta-model.
- However, the ArB does believe that many of these efforts cited above are insufficiently focused on the important issue of the explicit representation of computationally-capable static and behavioral semantics, that is, they do not a priori start from the position of “interoperability as a 1st-class citizen.”
- The efforts tend to be focused on a single enterprise rather than taking a cross-enterprise view and, as a result, do not bring sufficient rigor to the importance of cross-enterprise standards at both the human and technology level in the larger context of understanding component capabilities from a cross-enterprise interoperability perspective; and the efforts do not explicitly define their various “viewpoints” from multiple role-based perspectives, a feature that is essential in surfacing critical component characteristics from an interoperability perspective.
- Tony will incorporate Zorans comments and post the document by Midnight Wednesday, July 23, 2014.
- Tony and Lorraine will ping Cecil on the IF
- Zoran will take a pass through it.
- No updates.
- Meeting adjourned at 5:50pm U.S. Eastern