This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140520 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-05-20
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x George (Woody) Beeler Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
John Quinn
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140513 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Follow up with Provider candidate Catherine
    • Revisit Mission and Charter "Work Products and contributions" which have not entirely materialized
    • FHIR conformance testing that was announced at International Council should be followed up on by FGB or FMG.
    • Woody and Lynn will create a Doodle poll for establishing a concall time.
  • Updates to Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR (review and set plan to formally adopt)
  • Updates to FHIR_Governance_Precepts (time permitting)
  • Action Item review:
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment

Minutes

Convened at 8:05 AM


  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Review Doodle poll results: currently Monday or Thursday at 4. Need John and Grahame's feedback as they're important to the poll.
  • Approve minutes of 20140513 FGB concall barely made quorum; might want to look at quorum levels once membership updated. Lloyd moves and Ewout seconds; unanimously approved
  • Action Item review:
    • Follow up with Provider candidate Catherine; this has not happened. Still need to get to know her. Lloyd reports that she is showing up regularly on SDC calls. Woody has spoken with someone and gotten a reference on her knowledge in the technical space. Lynn will let her know Woody will try to connect with her next week.
    • Revisit Mission and Charter "Work Products and contributions" which have not entirely materialized
      • principles are receiving some attention
      • metrics have not advanced
      • managing resource definitions and their assignment is an FMG duty; however there should be precepts around the management of those resource definitions
      • Lloyd moves and Ewout seconds approval of changes to the M&C
    • FHIR conformance testing that was announced at International Council should be followed up on by FGB or FMG.
      • Lloyd reports there is agreement that more dialogue is needed; there is not a lot they can test. One profile is in the DSTU that might be testable but may not find any implementers yet. Conformance to a specification is too difficult; a fully constrained profile is needed. Discussion ensued. Lloyd notes that conformance to the spec in terms of "shalls" and "shoulds" would be a useful exercise. Certificates of conformance are not meaningful if the specification to which they have conformed is fully optional. Aegis' involvement reviewed. FMG and/or FGB should review whatever profile is identified for conformance and the statements that the organization might make about what conformance to that profile really means. It should not be stated by Chuck or anyone that there shall be a conformance testing to any level of ability until we have reviewed the plan.
      • Woody suggests we convey that FGB is reluctant to see prototypes be used to grant certificates rather than serving to define and guide development of full conformance testing in future. Lloyd accepts that we may want to allow them to certify conformance at many levels. He wants FGB to review their announcement before anything is made public of exactly what is to be tested and what conformance will be asserted. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will draft summary position for review and adoption of a formal response.
    • Woody and Lynn will create a Doodle poll for establishing a concall time.
  • Updates to Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR (review and set plan to formally adopt)
    • Woody had made some structural changes to how the information was presented. Pareto principle use reviewed, and suggestions made. Lloyd edits the page. Peer review of the document amongst the FHIR participants suggested once FMG has also had a chance to endorse. Update and review comments on Skype chat.

Defer remaining topics to next week same time unless we get full participation on Doodle poll - Ewout notes it is Ascension day next Thursday so that date would not be a good week to start; Adjourned 9:05 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will let provider candidate Catherine know that Woody will try to connect with her next week
  • Lynn will draft summary position on conformance testing of FHIR for review and adoption of a formal response
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.