20140402 FMG concall
|HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
|Chair: Lloyd McKenzie||Note taker(s): Dave|
|Quorum = chair + 4||yes|
|Co chairs||X||David Hay||X||Lloyd McKenzie|
|ex-officio||Ron Parker, FGB Chair||.||John Quinn, CTO|
|X||Paul Knapp||John Moehrke||regrets||Lynn Laakso, scribe|
|X||Hugh Glover||X||Josh Mandel||X||Brian Pech||Austin Kreisler|
|X||David Hay||X||Dave Hamill|
- Roll Call
- Agenda Check
- Minutes from 20140326_FMG_concall
- Action items
- John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal
- David will take the DSTU QA Criteria 4d code sets null and other back to Lloyd to work on and review on next week's call.
- Paul will approach Austin on candidacy for FMG.
- Lloyd to draft expectations for work groups for tooling
- Lloyd will meet with Patrick to further discuss Education FHIR Workshop project reflecting recent Ed Summit format
- Membership nomination / recruitment
- Grahame's Open Source Connectathon
- Incremental Release of FHIR
- Action items
- FHIR project approval:
- Education: Request for FMG to sponsor project on FHIR Workshop with Education (Melva)
- AOB (Any Other Business)
Minutes from 20140326_FMG_concall motion to approve by Josh; seconded by Paul. Unanimously approved.
John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal
- Work has been done on this by Grahame and Lloyd. They will have the FGB review the work.
Paul will approach Austin on candidacy for FMG
- Austin does not have the bandwidth to accept the offer.
- Lloyd talked to Patrick. The training has already been developed, hence the new PSS is not needed.
Membership nomination / recruitment
- Two candidates had expressed interest in FGB and FMG. They are looking for someone with experience in governance and process. Linkage to OO. Hence, Hans Buitendijk is a solid candidate. The group agreed.
- ACTION: Lloyd to email Hans to ask him if he's interested.
- At next weeks call the group will evaluate all the candidate submissions
Grahame's Open Source Connectathon
- The plan is to have it virtual rather than physical and associate a contest/prize to aid in marketing it.
- There is a need to get the announcement out soon and finalize details of the course
- Allow the participants to finalize the scenarios.
- Why are commercial vendors excluded? The prize is aimed at Open Source. The virtual nature of it, and free nature of it is aimed at the open source community, which doesn't have the resources afforded to those that attend physical classes.
- Grahame's goal was to promote open source development.
- A risk is will this cannibalize the Connectathon to be held at the September WGM. However, given the success of past Connectathon's at the past WGMs, dwindling attendance may not be a risk. Lloyd noted that the past WGM did have a drop in Connectathon to the low 30s.
- After the September WGM, the group should analyze the numbers to see if the open source Connectathon impacted the attendance at the September WGM Connectathon.
- Lloyd would like to vote now and approve it in principle. Paul would like to elevate the commercial side to more than a suggestion.
- Going forward, pick the specific dates, and other details.
- Have monetary resources been procured? Chuck has committed funds if an external source isn't available. HQ is leading the effort of finding an external source to supply funding
- MOTION: Paul motioned that we move forward with the Open Source Connectathon; While commercial vendors can participate in the Connectathon, commercial vendors, HL7 Staff / FMG/ FGB participants are not eligible for the prize. Josh seconded Unanimously approved
Incremental Release of FHIR
- Grahame would like to put out an incremental release of FHIR to fix some bugs and typos. There was also a request from the executive committee to put out a video of the HIMSS presentations
- The version number has not been discussed; Lloyd suggests v0.80.1.
- The plan is to go to v1.0 when it goes to Normative
- This led to a discussion that perhaps the version number strategy need to be formally document and based on that strategy, what should the upcoming version number be?
- The group agreed that the typos should be fixed with the upcoming version.
- MOTION to have Lloyd and Grahame assemble the trackers that will be addressed in the upcomong release. Josh seconded. Approved unanimously
FHIR project approval:
- Not applicable as the PSS is going to be withdrawn
Connectathon management (David/Brian)
- Regarding the resources created, Josh wasn't sure if he met the goals of the connectathon or not.
- David Hay volunteered to craft an example questionnaire that focused on medications
- Dave Shaver and Woody Beeler will be the FGB cochairs
- Catherine Hoang is the candidate to act as the provider role, and would be the final member of FGB
- The FGB team will be reviewing precepts
- No update from MnM
- An ONC rep will attend the Q4 Tuesday in Phoenix meeting to discuss data exchange/data extract in the join meeting between ITS, InM and FHIR
- Lloyd indicated that many of the FMG liaisons are booked Q4 Tuesday. Paul will attend on behalf of FMG.
FHIR Quality Criteria
- Paul recommends that it be reviewed offline.
- The intention is that Criteria will be requirements, and not treated as a bunch of 'shoulds'
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Management_Group
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International