This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140311 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/414809453

Date: 2014-03-11
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ken McCaslin / Ed Hammond Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name
Calvin Beebe
x Woody Beeler
Keith Boone
Joe Bormel
x Lorraine Constable
Julie Crouse
x John Feikema
x Freida Hall
x Dave Hamill
x Ed Hammond
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
x Ken McCaslin
John Quinn
Pat VanDyke
no quorum definition

Agenda

Administrivia

  • Agenda review
  • Action Items
    • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors -John will have a draft after HIMSS
    • KenM will send a note to Ted, Rob and Heather to check on source of truth for value sets status and meeting schedule and let the group know by email
    • KenM and JohnQ to recommend a convention for storing near-production version S&I material to not violate HL7 IP issues.
    • Ken will follow up with Chuck on whether we need SOU's with member organizations? It should be covered in the membership agreement
    • Ken will develop some slides for review 3/19 on how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review
  • Review notes from 20140304_US_Realm_TF_Call

Discussion:

  • Project Approval request for Development of How to Guide for Implementing Attachments for Attachments WG of DESD at Project Insight #1071 and TSC Tracker 3028
  • Criteria for US Realm TF review before they come to the TSC:
    1. any US Realm project,
    2. publication requests
    3. other project related requests
  • Review of any outstanding issues

Discussion:

  • Review of any outstanding issues


Minutes

Convened at 1:02 PM by Ken

  • Agenda review - Lorraine notes we should add the FHIR Harmonization of health quality Info models PSS
  • Review notes from 20140304_US_Realm_TF_Call approved by general consent
  • Action Items
    • PSS on Standards 101 for ONC Contractors -John will have a draft after HIMSS
    • KenM will send a note to Ted, Rob and Heather to check on source of truth for value sets status and meeting schedule and let the group know by email
    • KenM and JohnQ to recommend a convention for storing near-production version S&I material to not violate HL7 IP issues. Waiting for direction from the Board; it may not be until after the Board retreat. Feik would like to get some guidance in the interim - he will work with Ken; Ed suggests if they have a draft the Board can edit from it will help advance their discussion. Austin notes that it's a continuing problem and it's getting worse.
    • Ken will follow up with Chuck on whether we need SOU's with member organizations? It should be covered in the membership agreement - resolved.
    • Ken will develop some slides for review 3/19 on how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; Ken notes that the 25th will review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.

Discussion:

  • Project Approval request for Development of How to Guide for Implementing Attachments for Attachments WG of DESD at Project Insight #1071 and TSC Tracker 3028
    • Austin notes it's US Realm and related to an item currently in ballot. If they are developing an IG but not balloting it that they want to have industry using; it probably ought to be an informative publication. Help Desk entries have been determined by HQ and written by RFP so far. We need someone from the project here to talk with us about it.
    • Dave notes that John Roberts has reached out to him on the help desk task force but that may not be related to this individual project.
    • This guide may provide information on implementing the current CDA IG for attachments for X12, etc standards outside of HL7. Austin notes that CDA balloted a companion guide as an informative document. Publishing the document on the Attachments page seems insufficient. It's thought that it's based on requirements from CMS perhaps run through S&I. It may also benefit from review or cosponsorship by Templates or conformance folks.
    • Austin notes that if their IG includes X12 content we may need a joint copyright agreement as with LOINC for example
    • Ken will sending this back to the WG for review.
  • Project Approval request for Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models for CQI of DESD cosponsored by Clinical Decision Support (CDS) and Structured Documents (SD) of SSD SD at Project Insight #1045 and TSC Tracker 3027
    • Email trail on TSC e-vote reviewed. Paul notes CDS is not intending to ballot FHIR content in May, they are advancing their model harmonization paper to a For-Comment ballot, and that paper will include discussion of approaches to rendering their model in FHIR. If successful then they will look to creating and balloting FHIR content in September.
    • Lorraine notes from the SAIF perspective it's appropriate for the conceptual level and would not have a methodological context though others note why not have one PSS to cover all their FHIR work.
    • Austin notes that they may have two projects; one is the logical information model and the FHIR project might be separate. Lorraine notes that they felt the FHIR profiles were their logical model. Woody adds that anyone can do a FHIR profile but FHIR resources need a project.
    • Lorraine adds that the vMR work was encouraged to normalize on an existing information model and this may be the result of that. Woody's concern is that they are going straight to the nuts and bolts in FHIR resources when they need to review with FMG like a harmonization process.
    • Paul describes an approach that allows this PSS to proceed and the comment only ballot and then further dialogue in Phoenix if they really do need FHIR Resources versus just FHIR profiles. Lorraine notes there is a formal FHIR profile request process too if they are to be HL7 endorsed FHIR profiles.
    • Ken will send his email again to indicate they remove FHIR resources reference from 3D they can proceed and if they need further FHIR development to follow the FHIR process. They should also be encouraged to work with their FHIR liaison(s) Paul and Lorraine in developing those next steps.
  • Criteria for US Realm TF review before they come to the TSC: - Ken will incorporate into the above presentation for the 25th. Freida and Dave will review again with PSC.
    1. any US Realm project,
    2. publication requests
    3. other project related requests


Adjourned 1:49 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items